Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification of Server Move

Hi everyone,
    Now that the forum has been updated to the newer vBulletin software, it has now come time to move from the old server to the new more powerful server.

Why the move?
    Every night the current server runs a backup,mind during this time it gets very slow. It only has 2GB memory which in today's environment isn't very much.
    The new server which we have been using elsewhere for a few months now, has got a staggering 24GB memory, with a quad 3+ghz processor.
    This represents significant investment by SolidWebServices in its backed systems.

When is the move?
    All being well we are intending on moving across to the new server on the 12-13th this month (March)

What will happen?
    As with any move of data, we will need to turn the forum off for posting in order to get the very latest any up todate post information (threads, members, posts etc), and then a backup will be run of the information for Maniacs.
    This will take a few hours, since we have Close to ten thousand members and over half a million posts site wide.
    Once this is done we will then get the data moved to the new server.
    Having done this, I will reconfigure smartmaniacs.co.uk to go to the new server.
    You wil then be able to post on the forum on the new server.

Anything else?
    When the server move is happening you will not be able to post, though if you want to chat, head to the facebook page by clicking ---> http://www.facebook.com/groups/318836394798283/
    As soon as we are on the new server I will be monitoring it and tweaking setting to base on the forum profile, to iron out any creases if/when they appear.

Help! I don't like change
    The change is needed to allow better service to yourselves visiting the forum, especially those of you who view the forum about 0200-0700 in the mornings.
    It also allows SolidWebServices to expand and offer a greater amount of services to our customer as well.

Who do I contact?
    If you want to get in touch with me, please drop me a PM here or email me on David @ SolidWebServices.net and I'll tr and help address any of your questions.

Best regards

Dave
    Last edited by OMA; 03-03-12, 03:54 AM.
    David Spalton (OMA)
    SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X