No announcement yet.

0-60 in 7 secs???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok the quik shift box- contact ian at big performance- www.bigperformance.co.uk or phone him on...07956537397 he'll osrt you out with a price!

Basicaly Ian has created a box whereby when you shift up or down- it goes straight into gear- lots and lots of devlopment have gone into this, I don't know anyone who has had this done- perhaps Binman does??? I reckon that instead of wasting money on tuning my car - i'll just buy this box- it'll knock at least 2 secs off me 0-60 time.

Comment

BIG are quite often mentioned as suppliers of cool goodies that can sort the everyday problems encountered by us smarties. Everytime someone posts with a link to the BIG site, I am dissapointed with the site.

eg. the link to the quick box dont work.

Sort your site out BIG and watch the money come in.

Comment

yea its a shame, its the same with smarts r us, the website is very poorly designed and hard to use with wrong links and broken links, and the same with the orange site too - nightmare to use..

is it a "smart" thing to not just hire a web developer to create a nice site for them?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyuk1982
          yea its a shame, its the same with smarts r us, the website is very poorly designed and hard to use with wrong links and broken links, and the same with the orange site too - nightmare to use..

is it a "smart" thing to not just hire a web developer to create a nice site for them?
          The mistake many people make when designing a website is to use different layouts on different pages, graphics varying in size, colours that don't give a theme etc. It's all rather like when Desk Top Publishing came out - people thought they could design posters using dozens of fonts and everyting being centred mg: .

Keeping things simple is the key - but not always easy to do.
          If I had a company website, like the one mentioned, I would be ashamed of it.
          So, come on Paul (at Smarts-R-Us) take time out to completely re-do your website, test it with staff, friends, customers et al and then, when you have taken into account all the comments, replace the 'tacky' one you have with a svelte, easy to use website.
          Sorry about this Paul, but it is in your interest to project a professional image on the web.
          (I'm probably going to get a right 'blasting' now as I'm at Smarts-R-Us this Friday.)

Comment

Any company that has a website presumably has it for a purpose. If it's tacky then that's the impression people will get of that company - weakest link and all that.

He's always contactable through email
            Well - I never got a reply to mine.

Comment

0-60 in

The bloke's a ****...

Comment

Originally posted by properperson
                The bloke's a ****...
                Crikey - Has he upset you? I've always found Paul to be a decent chap.
                Last edited by Ian Bower; 01-02-05, 11:32 AM.

Comment

just beens peaking to ian @ big, he says the box should knock 4 secs off te 0-60 on a standard smart and 2-3 on a roady, oooo!

*dreams of a sub 7 second roadster*

Comment

dannyuk1982
                    Thanks for bringing us back 'on-topic' :-)

Comment

if he can, he will be a very busy man, and i will be knocking on his door.

he might make emough discos to do his website P

Comment

Website! mg:
                        I thought we had 'moved on'
                        Have a look at
                        http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/webd...ument/@id=8175
                        Last edited by Ian Bower; 01-02-05, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I do amatuer freelance web design as a hobby (although it is slowly now turning into a job working at my mates office). I'm not up on Flash or database driven sites, but I'd be happy to have a go at re-doing everything for the likes of S-R-U, as it's been previously said, the site is a bit turd! :frown:

Some of my projects include:

http://www.masterclasstravel.co.uk, http://www.torridonfinance.co.uk and http://www.predatorquads.com (on hold), and this one which I am currently working on... http://www.richardcaesar.pwp.blueyon...indextest3.htm (I haven't used a template either, it's all been created from scratch).

As for B.I.G., the old site which had the black background was in my opinion '**** hot', the new one i dont like!
                          Last edited by Richie; 01-02-05, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I tried offering my services to sru to overhaul the website a while back (all in exchange for mods rather than cash) but nicola got given the task instead (I believe)

It is gradually improving and i'm sure it is being worked on in the background and will change over soon. :smile:

Comment

yea its a shame, i rly cringe at 90% of the sites on the net, S R U has loads of potential to look so cool, but ends up being cluttered slow and confused - guess it takes people a long time to realise how important a corporate site is

richie, ur sites arent too bad at all, you have kept them simple which is great, keep working at it!

shine are you a web developer then?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyuk1982
                                shine are you a web developer then?
                                VB6 & VB.NET with SQL Windows applications developer by trade but i dip into dreamweaver when needed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X