LOL pulled over !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL pulled over !

Well on way from work today and got pulled over by CID couldn't believe it said that I looked like a thug so we wanted to do a back ground check etc

What a joke....

Sent from my iPhone

Re: LOL pulled over !

CID aren't traffic police, so they wouldn't be pulling anyone over! I've been pulled over before, it was a nosy policeman, very friendly, no harm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

If they were behind you for a while, they must have done a background check on your numberplate or scrutinised your car for misdemeaners, like lights not working, bits hanging off, etc, they even know if your insurance is up-to-date now and decided to pull you over for further checks.

Only you will know the answer to why they pulled you over, by the questions they asked

Or maybe you really just do look like a thug (just joking EEK!)

From now on, do what I did in the middle east while driving there, wear an arab headcover, they cant see your face.....
      Last edited by ColSmart; 03-03-14, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Do you look like a thug?

Or

Do you bear a resemblance to a thug that they are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by MrPoo View Post
          CID aren't traffic police, so they wouldn't be pulling anyone over!
          I've been followed home (for 10 miles) by dog wardens (after they pulled out on my while I was overtaking them because ''they didn't think it was safe''). Admittedly they didn't 'pull' me as I stopped before I got to the house (dead end with nowhere for me to go and at that point I still didn't know they were police) but they came to my window with their questions while the proper police they'd radiod made their way down. Then the real bvllshit began.

Originally posted by MrPoo View Post
          I've been pulled over before, it was a nosy policeman, very friendly, no harm done.
          Invariably they've made their minds up that some offence is being committed and set about finding the evidence. That would be just about acceptable if when they find nothing they displayed some grace instead of the usual 'we'll get you next time' attitude.

Me and my car have both been issued with ASBOs - an absurdity.

Originally posted by ColSmart View Post
          From now on, do what I did in the middle east while driving there, wear an arab headcover, they cant see your face.....
          A few years back I heard of a guy who got prosecuted for wearing a balaclava while driving. Can't remember the precise charge - something to do with 'menacing other road users'.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post
            ...A few years back I heard of a guy who got prosecuted for wearing a balaclava while driving. Can't remember the precise charge - something to do with 'menacing other road users'.
            The main reason we wore arab headcover and dark sunglasses in the middle east, was the fact arab police specifically picked on 'white men' if spotted, to check their car paperwork was up to date or it was a fine (which I am sure was going in their backpockets). So we just decided to blend in with the locals, who wore headcover as standard out there, stopped the hastle

Between that, the mad driving of cars going over roundabouts as short cuts, or inside overtaking off road in the sand during traffic jambs, the thumping of car bumpers to get a parking space big enough, plus car horns blazing all the time. Yes, we don't know how nice it is to drive in the UK.

I think we in the UK are about the only country on Earth, where you hardly ever hear a car horn on a journey. we must be so calm and full of self restraint, or full of something
            Last edited by ColSmart; 04-03-14, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Well they wasn't in uniforms and it was the case I pulled out one the round about and they was on the left of the round about and as I had my hoody up looking thug like lol took my licence few details did a back ground check in with was still on file in 2010 drunk and disorderly which was a night in the cell and £80 fine !! Tut tut tut now that does make me sound like a thug haha

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Smartjames View Post
                and as I had my hoody up
                Why? Was your burqa in the wash? They would have left you alone if you'd been wearing that.

Comment

Some drug dealers cottoned on to the fact that police weren't going to pull over smart cars looking for drugs as drug dealers wouldn't drive a smart and there were fewer places to hide stuff. However, the info soon got the police so now they target dodgy looking people in smarts.

Comment

lol had it up cos I was cold and engine hadn't warmed up yet plus the heating is a on and off atm and yeah the burqa was in the wash and most prob would have left me alone !

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                      Some drug dealers cottoned on to the fact that police weren't going to pull over smart cars looking for drugs as drug dealers wouldn't drive a smart and there were fewer places to hide stuff. However, the info soon got the police so now they target dodgy looking people in smarts.
                      Haha thanks for that 😳😆

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

You need a Bill Oddie mask

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                          However, the info soon got the police so now they target dodgy looking people in smarts.
                          Typical of law enforcement types to belief only the scruffy commit crime. Maybe when they lead Rebekka and Charlie Brooks to the cells they'll understand better.
                          The police need to learn that the biggest crimes - read fraud - have been perpetrated by those wearing the sharpest suits. But then again a police uniform is just another suit.....

Comment

Originally posted by ajprice View Post
                            You need a Bill Oddie mask
                            Haha brilliant ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Smartjames View Post
                              Well on way from work today and got pulled over by CID couldn't believe it said that I looked like a thug so we wanted to do a back ground check etc
                              No you weren't. Only a constable in uniform has the power to stop a vehicle, and last time I looked around the office full old detectives at work, of which I am one, not a single person was in uniform.

Even if we wanted to we would not be able to, as because plain clothed officers don't have the power they don't fit our cars with strobes or wailers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X