Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP. Advice for Hurt Smart car Scuffed Panels

A sad day being a smart owner.

A family member has scuffed the back centre panel and rear left wing/fender on my beloved smart, With their piece of car.. and i really need some advice..
    the panel scratches have gone down to the black plastic underneath ( my car colour is/was silver).

what would be the best repair solution? (i will be forking out myself and not going down insurance route. its family)

I don't really want to go down the "smart repair" route as i have seen some pretty negative reviews around them???

i'm thinking to just buy new panels?
    Or will it look stupid against the rest of the panels that have natural wear over the years ?? I was looking at these
    http://www.smart-parts-direct.com/sh...tre-panel.html
    They reckon they are original colours.

what do you guys think??

or would you suggest using a recommended bodyshop??? ( I live in Essex )...

i cant live with imperfections.

thanks guys

</3

Smart 2008, 451
    River Silver

I would just get them repainted. Probably cheapest & easiest.

Comment

if its the 451 version smart already sell them painted right now

Comment

Get the panels from Smart they are not that expensive. Other sellefs buy from Smart and add their bit on top.

Comment

I just been on the phone to Smart Dealership both panels including vat come in at £172 pre coloured. Could be worse!..I cant even see a decent body shop spraying the panels for that..

one concern..

Due to my car being a 2008, A good 6 years in the road and sun with natural wear, do you reckon the new panels will stick out like a sore thumb against the originals??

Thanks for all your help guys..

Comment

Quite possibly. You'd have to hold a new one against the car to be sure though.

Comment

Update - Two brand new panels sourced and fitted for a bargaaiinnin price from the Smart Car messiah Rob @ S2 Smarts

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X