Highest Mileage without a rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Mileage without a rebuild

I just wondered what is the highest mileage a smart has gone without a rebuild. I saw there was someone with 90,000 km but it said engine by " ". So it did not make it on one engine. Silver

Re: Highest Mileage without a rebuild

smarties are disposable cars, judging by the residuals MB give you anyway :thumbs_do

Comment

i do belive there is one owned buy a member on this site that just hit 170.000 miles befor giving up on its original engine

Comment

Mine is on 130,000 KMs at 7 years old and still going, has had a new turbo and starter though.

Kate

Comment

thats good going, and great news for people who are worried about having to replace engines,

whats your secret then???

Comment

Mines just over a year old, just racked up 27k with only a few problems, if i keep it for the duration of the finance though i'll be looking at around 70k after 3 years. Its a concern of mine on just how many miles these lil engines will do. Hopefuly the same as most other engines. Treat um well they'll see ya well.

Good to see the high mileages on others though.

Comment

Well mine is totally std (has had a K&N since last Dec before the roadie went to be traded in!) and has always had fully synt oil and a good rant quite often! I had a 100 mile round trip to work & back for a while and often goes to Cornwall and back for weekends so has a good mix of long and short runs.

I also think some of the older ones have a better build quality than the newer ones, it's loads better than the roadie was and it's good to see the std's are back with the forfour!!

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by mikiew
                smarties are disposable cars, judging by the residuals MB give you anyway :thumbs_do
                Hmmm, they made a big point of telling me how much they hold their value when I got mine!

Residuals don't matter to me though, I'm looking for a trick little beast that I can gradually mod up and ride till it's time for an engine rebuild - and then ride some more!

Comment

I hope they last a while! I've had mine two months and managed 9k miles so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Smalls
                    Mines just over a year old, just racked up 27k with only a few problems, if i keep it for the duration of the finance though i'll be looking at around 70k after 3 years. Its a concern of mine on just how many miles these lil engines will do. Hopefuly the same as most other engines. Treat um well they'll see ya well.

Good to see the high mileages on others though.
                    That's what I was thinking... I do about 25k per year, which means mine will be on about 27 after my first year of ownership... It's just had it's first service, but tbh I might hold back on engine tuning so that I can keep it reliable for 3 years or so... Then I'll prob trade it in for a newer/lower mileage one!

Comment

MK1 Pulse, coming up for 86,000km. Smart Tune DV, Re-map, K&N, De-lip.
                      Used to commute and as a delivery vehicle three nights of the week (kebabs and pizza's). Thought I had a problem, - boost down from 18/20 to 15, hissing through gauge and whistling from back end. Stripped back end down and found zorst studs were so loose I could undo them with bare fingers!!!!!

Comment

You know what? Scrub my last comment! I bought the roadie to have a fun project car, and I'm gonna get my laughs out of it... :-)

If I'm careful with it, and keep an eye on the important stuff, I'm sure it'll be fine!!

Comment

I have a MK1 Pulse, just over 147,000 KMS and apart form a new clutch and exhaust I have not (so far) had any problems.

It's pretty thirsty on oil these days and has a few rattles and squeaks but generally it's in good nick, saying that I have probably jinxed myself now

Comment

192,000 Kms, engine change at 130,000 Kms, wheel bearings only real item that needed replacing

Comment

water pump went at 18.000 miles..i should have made dcuk pay for new one but was stuck in new forest, smart arse design rescued me

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X