Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
    Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pm
    Sunday 10.00am - 4.00pm
    Opening hours: After Sales
    Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
    Saturday 8.30am - 1.00pm
    Sunday closed

Re: smart of Maidstone

Oooh I didn't know about this part of the forum .... how slow am I ....

Bought my little red one from Smart Maidstone on the 2nd July 2006 and I have to say I've never been treated better, I felt like a king! Well .... not really but the service was very impressive. We (my Dad and I went) were served by Marcus Weeks, a very kind gentleman who would only be satisfied when we were satisfied and that included responding very politely to the plethora of phone calls I unceremoniously dumped on him in the days leading up to, and after the delivery of my smart.

VERY highly recommended.

David

Comment

These guys are as nice as anything when your buying a car, once you have the keys in your pocket then they'll suddenly become useless and never answer your calls + treat you like dirt...

If you want to buy a Smart, then buy it from them (they only sell new ones now).
      If you want it serviced, or if something goes wrong, then go somewhere else!

Comment

brought car in may 08 from smart of maidstone, found ray (salesman) very helpful. was told car was due for a service so will be serviced as part of the selling price and done ready for pick up in a week.

got car home and no stamp in the service book. phoned ray up to be told was not due a service, questioned this, then told it was serviced and to post book to be stamped.

few months later noticed rear wheel arch panel was loose, called them to be quoted £40 for parts (1 plastic clip!) and labour.

phoned up class cars in wingham (http://www.classcarscanterbury.co.uk/smart.htm) got part for 41p and fitted it myself.

last week had to change battery kept going flat, noticed battery was nearly bone dry - don`t know if this was checked when they serviced car back in may?

got a letter from them arround august telling me i`m due an mot and they were the ones to goto - i`m not due mot until this march.

overall great for sales
        my smart passion 04 was on 17,150 miles and cost £4600 including the 12 month warranty (although any problems i`ve had to date were not covered by this)

poor for service

Comment

i took anns forfour here for a service and got charged more than the quoted price,i wont be using them again.

Comment

Originally posted by smartbear View Post
            i took anns forfour here for a service and got charged more than the quoted price,i wont be using them again.

Why on earth did you pay more than a quoted price??? (speak UP in volume in the sales area if need be)

Comment

My car is going into Canterbury tomorrow as I have lost confidence in Maidstone Smart. I have had problems with a leaking roof (451 pulse) and the repair that Maidstone did a couple of months ago has failed and I now have a loose roof above the passenger at the front corner. I phoned Maidstone to request info on available slots to take the car in and guess what??
              Yes they didn't phone me back. Quelle surprise!!
              Phoned back and enquired if Canterbury are now able to carry out warranty work and booked in with them. Got a text at the weekend to remind me that my car is booked in. I am hoping that their work is as good as they seem to be in communication...

Comment

I have been to mercedes at broadoak canterbury with my eclass ( now sold) work is excellent. Hope they are the same with Smarts.

Comment

I'd like to add to the comments made about Smart of Maidstone. I purchased a smart fortwo and have whilst I was in the process of purchasing the car they were very helpful but as soon as the money changed hands that was it. Ten days after taking delivery I heard noises coming from the brakes, before they had seen the car on the phone they told me that this wouldn't be a warranty repair and it would be chargeable! Surely a car should last more than 10 days. It transpires that half of what they promised hadn't been done and have now lost faith and am hoping that the people at Canterbury are better. Although they are both part of the lookers group, I guess if I had my time again I wouldn't have done business with them and would advise you to avoid, cheap isn't cheap when you have to pay out for repairs 10 days into your ownership experience.

:newbie:

Comment

Consumables such as brakes aren't covered by the warranty but that only covers replacement of discs/pads. If there's a fault, they have to repair it!

Comment

Originally posted by smartie79 View Post
                      I'd like to add to the comments made about Smart of Maidstone. I purchased a smart fortwo and have whilst I was in the process of purchasing the car they were very helpful but as soon as the money changed hands that was it. Ten days after taking delivery I heard noises coming from the brakes, before they had seen the car on the phone they told me that this wouldn't be a warranty repair and it would be chargeable! Surely a car should last more than 10 days. It transpires that half of what they promised hadn't been done and have now lost faith and am hoping that the people at Canterbury are better. Although they are both part of the lookers group, I guess if I had my time again I wouldn't have done business with them and would advise you to avoid, cheap isn't cheap when you have to pay out for repairs 10 days into your ownership experience.

:newbie:
                      to be honest id have thought brakes would have been under warrenty untill there first service or mileage of first service. when the XF came out we did LOADS of rear pad under warrenty and Jaguar payed for the lot!

Comment

Well I suppose I should follow up on my dealings with Canterbury.
                        The work carried out by Canterbury and the way they kept me informed as to what they were doing cannot be faulted.
                        The day before the car was due in I got a text to remind me that the car was due there.Simple idea but that impressed me from the start.
                        When I arrived they had obviously just opened but they were expecting me.
                        Phone call to my husband to keep us informed what was being done and when they expected the car to be ready.
                        So I now have a brand new roof properly bonded.They couldn't see what Maidstone had done to carry out the repair that they supposedly did.
                        To top it all off I left a filthy dirty car with them and I received a spotless car back. They have a really good bloke with a bucket there
                        I have a slight niggle over some paperwork that I was promised but it transpires that I shouldn't have been promised.I left in a bad mood due to this , but thinking back their service was really good.
                        They are back in their original building in Broad Oak Road ,the new glass and metal monstrosity is empty next door(Too expensive, no profit being made)
                        I am due a service soon.I wonder if they still collect
                        Kathy

Comment

i'm the son of Kathy27collins, we got the cars at the same time, i have been back once to get the cup holder, and never been back since

i tried to book it in for the horn stopped working, after not getting the return call to get it booked in i had to ring back to get the 'we where just about to ring you'..... anyway got it booked in, they didn't have a car for me to borrow, they had 1 a-class for the whole showroom as a loaner...... so mum came with me, walked in 'have you got the keys?' handed the key over, 'would you like to wait round or are you going away' told them we would pop into town, then got 'we will give you a ring when its done' they wernt polite in any way no sorrys or thank yous. we popped into maidstone to look around..... 4 HOURS LATER!! i got fed up! so i rang them, 'oh mr collins we where just about to ring you'............... like i believe that i used it when i worked in comet!........ got back to smart of maidstone. find out the plug for the wheel behind the dash was loose................ 4 hours to do that? err yea...... right....... NEVER been back.

Only other time i tried was for its service, they said they would ring me back to book it, 2 days later dad picked up a phone call they wanted milage....... hold up its a year old it needs a service, not over the miles y do you need the milage, 'we just need it' err sorry no. good buy.
                          rang chequred flag (yes i know not a lot of ppl like them) got yes when would you like it? sorted day, asked for REG thats fine cos its denotes the car took it up, had some lunch came back they where just finishing washing mums, then had to do mine. paid and shot home

Comment

Originally posted by Hogster View Post
                            Oooh I didn't know about this part of the forum .... how slow am I ....

Bought my little red one from Smart Maidstone on the 2nd July 2006 and I have to say I've never been treated better, I felt like a king! Well .... not really but the service was very impressive. We (my Dad and I went) were served by Marcus Weeks, a very kind gentleman who would only be satisfied when we were satisfied and that included responding very politely to the plethora of phone calls I unceremoniously dumped on him in the days leading up to, and after the delivery of my smart.

VERY highly recommended.

David
                            I have been dealing with them in the lead up to getting my car and i have to agree they have been so helpful. Dealing with all my phonecalls and questions. The salesman is Ray and is unfortunatley going to the dark side 'mercedes' but he has been extreemly helpful and seemed to know what he was talking about when it came to smarts. As for the after sales part i am yet to expierience that as i dont pick up my car till next week so we shall see..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X