Re: smart of Cardiff

They've moved so the contact details are:

Mulberry Drive
    Cardiff Gate Business Park
    Pontprennau
    Cardiff
    CF23 8RS

Tel: 0845 125 8929

Fortwo had a B service there today for 163 - slightly reduced price because I had an air filter they couldn't touch (non-manufacturer's part) else it would have been 175 quid.

Service in under two hours as promised, free coffee and soft drinks on tap, friendly staff. Was also given advice about state of tyre tread, brake pads, etc and had a bit of a chat about the pros and cons of remaps

They apologised for not washing and valeting my car since apparently this is only a service they offer during the week. Since I hadn't expected it in the first place I was entirely unfussed by this.

[edited to add: I was rather unimpressed when I visited them in their old location - got the distinct impression that they weren't interested in the non-Merc side of the business. Nothing like this time: don't know whether the move involved any management change or if I was just unlucky before (or lucky this time!)]
    Last edited by noseboy; 28-04-07, 08:10 PM.

Comment

very good to read, sounds like another good service,

Comment

shame they didnt move into the sea.

In our experience they are a BAD dealership to deal with. There are many bad experiences but the worst one is the time when Rhiannon swapped cars.

They sold her car to someone before she had even done a deal and when she did do a deal they agreed to swap her speakers from her then current car to her new one. I discovered that they hadnt done the swap and when I went in to question them the sales man Gavin denied that was ever part of the deal. When I insisted that he fetched his manager, he too repeatedly denied it. When I produced copies of the deal with their handwriting on it detailing the speaker swap they we speechless.

The miserable sods did pay for a local car audio shop to fit replacements but they never even said sorry.

I expect that this post will be removed even though I can back it up with facts and paperwork.

How bad is that. Totally deny something then when found to be lieing and then not even say sorry.
        Last edited by BRABUS; 28-04-07, 07:26 PM.

Comment

noseboy: Did they change the plugs on that service?

Comment

Gavin no longer works there, I saw him in the Land Rover dealer in Newport yesterday, been working there for 13 months he said

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT View Post
              noseboy: Did they change the plugs on that service?
              They had a problem with their computers so couldn't print me off an invoice, but are going to be sending me a copy in the post.

Can't remember off the top of my head whether there was a separate charge for spark plugs but I *think* not so assume they weren't changed. I'll post when I get the invoice if my memory is playing tricks on me.
              Last edited by noseboy; 29-04-07, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Correct, Gavin left to work at Land Rover when I was still working for smart of South Wales.
                I have to agree that the attitude from the smart guys at Cardiff was a little poor, Gavin especially gave the impression that he didnt want to really be there and couldnt care less once he had sold a car.
                I will however defend smart of South Wales on a whole as they are a great bunch of guys and Steve (formerly of Newport, then Swansea and now Cardiff new site) is a lovely guy to deal with. Ross is still working at Swansea site as far as I know, he is also a very capable salesman and a generaly nice guy.
                I am sure now they are at their new site things will be different, Steve is now working at the new site and is a very capable salesman and a pleasure to deal with. It has been evident that Merc and smart have a divide but I have found this to be the case in all of the smart sites I have worked at, its just how it is!
                Andrew Maciver (smart manager) is also a lovley guy and has helped his customers out no end. He has also helped me out loads with my own smart and just being a good guy to work for. I am sure that any bad experiences you may have had in the past with smart South Wales will be no longer.

Should you still not get any joy there, then why not make a visit at smart Birmingham

Comment

Originally posted by PWO9F View Post
                  Andrew Maciver (smart manager) is also a lovley guy and has helped his customers out no end.

I refered to Gavins manager in my previous post as also lieing. This was ANDREW MACIVER. That man blatantly lied to me, thats not what I call good customer service.

I appreciate all dealers make mistakes, we all do in our jobs, but to try and lie their way out of it is totally unacceptable.

Comment

Just to confirm, as requested - got my invoice for my recent service and there was no charge for sparkplugs, so I assume that they weren't changed as part of the B service. Either that or they were changed and I wasn't charged!

Comment

Originally posted by noseboy View Post
                      Just to confirm, as requested - got my invoice for my recent service and there was no charge for sparkplugs, so I assume that they weren't changed as part of the B service. Either that or they were changed and I wasn't charged!
                      Almost certainly the former i'm afraid. Thats why you were only charged £163. I would suggest you get on the phone to them and arrange to have the plugs fitted.........

Comment

Almost certainly the former i'm afraid. Thats why you were only charged £163. I would suggest you get on the phone to them and arrange to have the plugs fitted.........
                        Ok, exceptionally daft question(s) time. How much does it actually matter? Can I leave the sparks until the next service without any serious risk?

Yeah, I know, I know next to nothing about cars

Comment

Originally posted by noseboy View Post
                          Ok, exceptionally daft question(s) time. How much does it actually matter? Can I leave the sparks until the next service without any serious risk?

Yeah, I know, I know next to nothing about cars
                          Hint: Why do you think I asked if they'd done the plugs......

Comment

Hint: Why do you think I asked if they'd done the plugs......
                            Why bother replying if you're not going to say anything substantial? For the same effort you could have said "Yes, spark plugs need to be replaced every x miles because otherwise they corrode and then the car will fail to start".

If that was the case then I wouldn't care because I could just deal with it if and when the car became flaky at starting. Alternatively, if dodgy sparks mean the car could die when driving I would be more concerned.

Comment

If the spark plugs are not changed they have been known to fall apart dropping little bits of hard ceramic into your cylinders causing fatal damage to the engine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X