Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: smart of Cardiff

Originally posted by Smart-Suits View Post
    If the spark plugs are not changed they have been known to fall apart dropping little bits of hard ceramic into your cylinders causing fatal damage to the engine.
    Ah, thank you very much - much more serious than I'd thought then! I'll give them a bell and get that sorted out.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by noseboy View Post
      Why bother replying if you're not going to say anything substantial?
      Cos I had no idea exactly why they should be replaced, all i knew is that its bad that they werent.

Comment

tony dont worry about it matey, wi they way he talks to people no wonder he wont get much help

Comment

Originally posted by McSmarts View Post
          tony dont worry about it matey, wi they way he talks to people no wonder he wont get much help
          I don't think I was being particularly rude. His post implied I was an idiot for not knowing something which he didn't actually know either, so I did get mildly irritated by it. But I don't intend to lose any sleep over it.

In any case, I will contact Smart of Cardiff and find out what they intend to do about these sparkplugs!

Cheers

Comment

Can anyone please reccomend a garage for servicing and repairs under warranty. I am thinking of getting a used car warranty with WarrantyWise, as my car needs to be covered with all the problems I am having. I don't mind travelling for a good garage.

The following is a letter of complaint I have sent to Mercedes-Benz Cardiff. My car was under Smart used car Warranty, bought Apr 2008, registered Sep 2006. Nearly every time my car went in for repairs it came out with another problem that was not originally there.

Maria Beer
            Customer Services

I purchased my Smart Roadster Brabus MK56 ZXA because I rate these cars very highly. I love to drive in my roadster when I am able, but since purchasing my car it has been in the garage more times than I would like to count.

When I first got my Roadster I noticed it had a broken pipe. I was later told it was an air-con pipe, the car was taken into the garage for a few days and it was fixed. Then I noticed water coming in, it was taken back into the garage, where it stayed for 2 weeks to be fixed. When it was returned the drivers’ side door lock would occasionally not work and would not open, so the car was once again returned to the garage and the problem fixed. Then it was returned to the garage again because the electrics were playing up, it was parked on the forecourt for a few days and it had rained. When I opened the door there was water running down the speaker, they said they had changed the door seals. I asked for the manager; I told him, and he said that they had been changed. I said that they must be mistaken because there were scuffs on all the door seals previously and these were still present. He said he would take another look, so it stayed in the garage again for a further 2 weeks, when the car was returned it was obvious the door seals had been changed as the scuffs were no longer present.

After a few months the starter button on the gear stick stopped working, also the passenger side door lock was playing up and would sometimes not open, the garage told me they would order parts and they would have a look at the door lock. I had a phone call to me the parts were there, so I took the car in to be fixed. Then when I went to collect the car I was told they could not fit the start button but the door was fixed and I had to pay £250 before I could have the car back. They did not tell me this when the vehicle was booked in, I assumed it was under warranty as I was not forewarned any different. They ordered parts and repaired the door lock before asking if I wanted it done at a cost of £250, had they mentioned this then I would not have had it repaired at this point as I could not afford to pay out this amount.

I was told I could not have my car back until I had paid the bill. As I got close to home the mirror panel fell loose and came apart. So I phoned the garage and asked them if they could fix the door mirror when they do the start button as it was fine before they had repaired the door. I went to collect the vehicle and they told me they had fixed the mirror, but when it came out of the workshop it still looked lose, I mentioned this and they said it was ok. I drove down the road wound the window up and down and it was struggling to move and the panel they repaired fell loose and came apart. I returned to the garage and they fitted the panel back on, I mentioned that the window was struggling and the manager told me to spray the seal with a spray to make it easier to go up and down and to glue the mirror panel as he said they had tried everything. I did not discuss this matter any further and left unsatisfied. Also the seatbelt on the passenger side was damaged.

I paid £10,000 for this car and it was fine before it went into the garage. I Paid £250 only to have another problem occur. This is not good business practice and I am appalled at the customer service. I want this problem fixed or I will take further advice on this matter.

Hello

Smart Roadster Brabus
            MK56ZXA
            Michael Edwards

Further to the email that I sent, I have a few more concerns. Mirror panel inside door moves and comes off occasionally. Motor stuglles on up and down movement, it never did before repairs were done to the vehicle. Water coming in through passenger mirror and door handle and slight leak on drivers side, door mirror.

Mrs Jacqui Edwards

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X