a few questions that need answered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few questions that need answered

1: where can i get a "fake" disk brake conversion for the back drum brakes on my smart so that it looks like i have disk brakes?

2: where can i get a windscreen decal that says "smart" or something on it for the top of my windscreen?

3: I am getting my windows tinted again and i want to know how i can tint the small windows in the back that are made of plastic. The people doing it say they can not do it so i need some help. thanks

Re: a few questions that need answered

1, yes you can but there very very tacky

2,http://www.boyracersigns.co.uk/sunvisors.htm

3, where are you having it done?
    Last edited by Gav2k; 04-09-05, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Lots of decals and stickers on ebay.

Dont get the fake brake discs!

Comment

I have fake rear discs, they are stainless steel ones from prestige parts:

Comment

re brake discs... doesn't matter how good they look 'cos there are no brake calipers (thus is bloody obvious they are not proper ones).
          why not just paint the brake drums?

Comment

Originally posted by Kat
            re brake discs... doesn't matter how good they look 'cos there are no brake calipers (thus is bloody obvious they are not proper ones).
            why not just paint the brake drums?
            Well it obviously does matter, because people are buying them.
            I personally think a fake disc looks better than a painted drum.

Comment

Thats fair enough, there is no accounting for taste, you will always find someone who will buy something no matter how tacky and obviously fake they are.

Check out led washer jets, shark fins with leds and stick on stars, all just as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution
                Thats fair enough, there is no accounting for taste, you will always find someone who will buy something no matter how tacky and obviously fake they are.

Check out led washer jets, shark fins with leds and stick on stars, all just as bad.
                MIAOW :zip:

Last edited by binxyboo; 04-09-05, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Hehe, the style police are hovering overhead in their chopper!

I'm gonna tread carefully on this one:

I personally wouldn't get fake discs - let's face it our cute ikkle babies are not going to be top spec race cars - but then again, if it looks trick why not?

Variety is the spice of life!

Comment

Apart from any other side of things, may I just interject with something you should consider when looking at stuff like fake disks..

Being a newbee to the Smart set ( ) I am still pushing the poor thing fairly hard to find its limits and foibles..
                    From day one it struck me that the suspension is greatly over sprung and under damped ( hence the strange weaving it goes thru if you start going large on long bends.. )

Adding MORE unsprung weight to the axles is not going to improve matters.. in fact it is worth taking into consideration the rest of the world are trying to reduce unsprung weight and going to great lengths to achieve that end too.

If you consider the Smart is not something you need to worry about the handling on, then do the biz and add the fake disks.. I am sure the actual products will be well made and will certainly hide up the drums ok..

If on the other hand you have paid a small fortune for special wheels that are lighter and wider than the standard items, I would ask WHY you would then want to add the weight you have saved by spending hard earned beer tokens back on the axles ?
                    Equally if you ARE concerned with the handling the same question must be answered..

Gawd ! I can be sooooo bloody boring sometimes ! Appologese to those that have nodded off

Comment

not to mention if there slightly of balance then your going to damage bearings

Comment

Nooooooo dont ruin ur smart by

1 Putting tacky c**py fake brakes on the back

2 Putting a stupid sign on the car (shakes head). Think about all those bloody corsa's and clios with big signs showing the fact they've got a french peice of....... then they go by lighting it up at night????

And i dont think painting the drums is any good either?? the smart is a lttile town car not a chav mobile, treat it with respect

Actually a better answer would be do whatever you want, who cares how many will laugh you like it so **** them??

Comment

But I rather like the idea of having a "Tonka" decal

Comment

Originally posted by GeoSmart
                            Nooooooo dont ruin ur smart by

2 Putting a stupid sign on the car (shakes head). Think about all those bloody corsa's and clios with big signs showing the fact they've got a french peice of....... then they go by lighting it up at night????
                            Erm where's your smart from?

- smart GmbH (parent company in Germany) is a 100% owned subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler AG
                            - established: April 1994
                            - no. of employees: 1,140 (status @ Jan 2003)
                            - administrative headquarters: Böblingen (Germany)
                            - production facility: Hambach (France)
                            - represented in 35 countries (status @ Feb 2004)
                            - management: Ulrich Walker (CEO), Rudi Hammerschmidt, Dr. Roberto Klimmek,
                            Anders Sundt Jensen, Dr. Helmut Wawra

tum tee tum

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X