Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

450 Coupe Rear Wiper motor on it's way out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 450 Coupe Rear Wiper motor on it's way out?

I have searched on most of the forums and found virtually no posts relating to rear wiper motor failure, so before I go and order a replacement, I wondered if anyone else on a 450 has had one go, or if there's another issue at play?

Basically, on ours, it moves a bit and stops - if I give it a shove it carries on moving - but needs a helping hand to do a full sweep.

Coincidentally about a month ago I fitted a replacement wiper arm & blade (for a Nissan Micra) but even if I remove the arm completely, the motor struggles to make a full sweep with nothing attached.

So naturally I'm assuming the motor is weak, but I would have surely I'm not the first to suffer this, and I can't find anyone else having had it fail - so before I shell out for a replacement, any other ideas?

Some Valeo rear wipers were damaged by manufacturer at time of assembly causing water entry into the pivot arm bearing. That is why your motor struggles.

Comment

A decent (combined) penetrant and lubricant has yet to fail to free mine off and have it working smoothly for months on end subsequently. Have you priced a new motor yet?

Comment

I'll dig out the ramains of a factory knackered Valeo rear wiper and take a photo of its offending part for you all to see.

Comment

It might also be worth investigating the electrical connector - I'm sure that this is not the only instance of washer hose leaking into the cover - where it collects a surprising quantity of fluid!

Comment

Cheers for the hints guys - I've not priced a new motor as yet - TBH I'd probably just source a used one, seeing as the failure rate seems to be low - but I will inspect the connector also - away on work for a few days currently so it will be next week sometime.

Comment

Used one found on ebay for £17.50 delivered, so have ordered that - even if it's not needed, for that money it's silly not to have it to hand when checking it over...

Comment

Well new (used) motor fitted & problem solved. The connector was clean as a whistle so I can only summize that the old motor was internally worn out - despite looking externally brand-new.
                Anyways, a simple 10 min job & a £17.50 fix - always the ones I like!

And yes Tolsen, the old one was a Valeo one - the replacement is an SWF unit.
                Last edited by 137699; 29-05-15, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X