Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

on a ill health pension so funds limited and trying to get my wifes 4/2 2003 abs warning and engine management lights to go out my son has had rears off and cleaned sensors and rings yet when I turn on and start the car all lights go out and as soon as I take foot off brake once in gear it lights up again any ideas please as mot comin soon and want it sorted for her work any help would be gratefully received thks in advance streakysnr

Have you tried disconnecting the battery? Just make sure you have the radio's code and that when you put the battery lead back on you do it one motion even though it will make a spark!

John

Comment

I suspect faulty brake light switch.
      http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php...trical&mod=165

Comment

Where are you in the world?
        Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
        STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
        TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Originally posted by streakysnr View Post
          I turn on and start the car all lights go out and as soon as I take foot off brake once in gear it lights up again r
          There's another way to get rolling without using the brake pedal to engage gear. Foot off brake, push gear lever left then forward. First should engage and you can drive. If after first application of brakes the dash lights return, then as per Tolsen's suggestion - brake switch.

Comment

BRake switch brings on ABS and ESP lights. NOT engine management light.

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
              BRake switch brings on ABS and ESP lights. NOT engine management light.

Yes, but the OP's post is so badly written it's hard to tell what is what.

'It' is singular.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post

Yes, but the OP's post is so badly written it's hard to tell what is what.

'It' is singular.
                And short of any punctuation too due to limited funds and ill health no doubt.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X