Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting fault

2002 fortwo pulse

when i turn on the lights sometimes only the front lights come on, the dash back lights and the rear lights stay off. After a couple of retries then all come on. As I understand it the actual light switch stalk has a single contact to feed the lights, this is obviously OK as the main front lights come on every time. So where on a 450 is the circuit split/joined to divide the feed between front, dash and rear lights. Must have a dodgy connector or joint somewhere.

Does anyone have a descent wiring diagram for the lighting circuit? (My car is ZEE based)

John
    2002 Fortwo Pulse

Read threads relating to this problem way back when the cars of your car's age were still new and see all the posts about light stalks! Replace it at a reasonable cost via a Merc Dealers parts department.

If you really feel that you want to "fix" the problem, then you can open your "dead" one, remove some of he grease and clean up the contacts, maybe even put a relay in the circuit. There is no wiring diagram available other than that which you find in DAS / XSENTRY
    John

Comment

I had this fault many years ago with the same symptoms. When I took the switch apart it had actually melted so some of the contacts didn't make properly. I ended up buying & fitting a new stalk. There is a write up here, http://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guides...ight-stalk-fix

Comment

Yes, its usually the lighting stalk not switching properly. I got mine replaced when I had the 450.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSmart View Post
          Yes, its usually the lighting stalk not switching properly. I got mine replaced when I had the 450.
          Got it replaced? You mean you're a man that can't screw?

Comment

Got mine replaced, as in the royal 'got '

(DIY style)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X