Front Panel Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Panel Removal

Need to replace front n/s wing, so removed the 4 hex screws (both side) next to door hinges

KX03 LGZ (27.10.2018) 13.JPG

Then removed the front grill panel to expose and remove the 2 front securing hex screws

KX03 LGZ (27.10.2018) 12.JPG

Now I've got a minor issue ........... how do I remove the 2 securing pins by the door mirrors ???

KX03 LGZ (27.10.2018) 14.JPG

Can anybody advise me on this please ??

Also, when I do get these 2 out, is there anything else (other than the 2 connects for the under-tray and plinth) which will stop this from coming off ??

https://www.evilution.co.uk/450
    you have to register, but it is well, well worth it.

Comment

Or on youtube .
      Only to be searched.

Comment

• mottofreee
        mottofreee commented
        Editing a comment
        Smart is Smart and Mercedes is Mercedes. The brands are produced by the same group - Daimler AG - that's all.
        In this way we can say that Smart is ... Renault, as some are equipped with 0.9dCI engine.

The two top screws that you show in your picture are basically push in and expand type fasteners, except the screws have a spiral on them. The way I get then out is to put a finger nail (or something similar) in under the screwhead whilst turning it anti-clockwise. Once you have the screw out, you can put your finger nail in under the next "ring" which is the plug. Leaver that out, then take off the cover and undo the E10 bolt which is underneath.

John

Comment

Hi John
        Now that is why I joined this Forum - for the hands on experience.
        Many thanks

Cliff

Comment

To unscrew the plastic fasterner for mirror trim on inboard side of doors I use a Torx screw driver. No pressure on screw head or it won't come out. Leave screw pin engaged and pull out outer part of plastic fasterner using finger tips.

Comment

Many thanks guys ...... having established what I am dealing with, I pushed the central plastic pin through and with a very small flat head screw driver, edged the fastener out and withdrew it with finger nails - CHEERS

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 22.JPG KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 23.JPG
            Last edited by Pinkie; 28-10-18, 05:07 PM. Reason: Photos added

Comment

Then it was removal of the aerial

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 24.JPG

Followed by the o/s panel removal

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 25.JPG

Then careful extraction from the car body to expose the 'inner self'

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 27.JPG

Comment

Once exposed and naked, I always like to clean behind - you know ..... the bits that don't normally get seen and are forgotten about

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 32.JPG KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 33.JPG KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 34.JPG

but why get her dressed up again without a wash and brush up first I say !

Comment

Then clean up the front end

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 35.JPG

the broken panel removed

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 36.JPG

and as simple as that - the replacement panel inserted and secured in place

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 38.JPG

Comment

and then the best bit ...... putting her face back together

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 40.JPG

and putting her smile back on

KX03 LGZ (28.10.2018) 41.JPG

...... the problem is though ...... need to take her face off again so can put some make up on her to make her pretty again, mmmmmm maybe next weekends task

Easy - isn't it !

Comment

Wrong type plastic fastener fitted for mirror interior trim.

Comment

Can't accept the blame for that, these were what were installed

Comment

These jobs are nearly always easy after you've done them once, but often not very obvious the first time. Looks like a tidy little ForTwo, but with one huge, glaring fault: the Mercedes badge on the front 😭

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X