Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 ForTwoPassion - strange electrical problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 ForTwoPassion - strange electrical problems?

I was hoping someone might be able to help pinpoint a problem. I am thinking it might be a SAM unit problem. My Smart drives and runs very well, but has startted with odd electrical issues which i haven't been able to troubleshoot successully so far.
    Starts easily, runs well, while driving it starts making a chirp / alarm sound every 30 secs or so, like when the immobiliser is kicking in after the key is removed - but it doesn't stop running, the intermittent chirps just carry on. The radio has also stopped working - checked fuse and connections - all good. The radio display flashes intermittently as if there is a brief connection. Radio works fine - checked in another car.

The other odd thing in recent months is the second key fob which had lost its coding and never used to work now works quite normally - both key fobs lock and unlock the car normally now. There are no warining lights on the dash. Car had an Evil Twin remap many years ago and has always run well. Only has 15,000 miles on the clock as it spent much of its life as a motorhome two car - now used for short local trips. Have owned it since 2007.

Any ideas appreciated. i was thinking about buying a whole ECU set with fobs and all and using it plug and play - can get one for £170. although will of course lose the remap.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X