Need help with kickdown error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with kickdown error

Hello, i have a smart 451 2010 and since i bought it used, i have a problem with the kickdown of the gas pedal. Everything works perfect until i kickdown the pedal. Then the exclamation mark turns on and motor error lights up. The car has huge power loss. If i switch off and then on the car exclamation mark turns off and the car is ok again until i make kickdown again. This happens everytime. Today i trried another gas pedal the same happened. So its not from the gas pedal. I think maybe its a sensor or something but i dont know. Does any friend from this forum en****ered this strange problem? I hope some one can helm me.thank you in advance
    Jim

Can you get the same error if you drop a couple of gears yourself and floor it (without pressing into kick down area) ?

Comment

Forgot to ask the obvious .... which may well just say everything that is needed .......

Is it a frickin' diesel ? , cos the symptoms seem to fit a '10 diesel rather than anything a petrol would offer up in symptoms.

A diesel would explain everything.

Comment

What exactly do you mean that diesel would explain everything? That diesels give this error?

Comment

Is there any chance to be the yaw sensor? I read somewhere a petrol brabus had this error and changed that? Do you think it has any relation?

Comment

Is it a petrol or a diesel then ????

Comment

Its diesel. I went today to the service center put the elecrltronic diagnosis gave me erro P1222

Comment

If you search this 451 forum for similar problems (not too far back in time as it comes up regularly for the 451 diesel post 2010), you'll find previous mentions of specifically the diesel having problems post 2010

Comment

Ok thank you for the info

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X