Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHD snapping belt problem

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice regarding smart 451 MHD models. I am on the lookout for buying a smart and wanted to buy a turbo petrol due to the belt snapping issue with MHD models.

I'm currently living in Germany so would be buying there. Unfortunately, there's not many of the turbo petrol versions about, most second hand cars in our budget seem to be MHD versions. My question is, does the belt snapping issue affect all model years or was it rectified in a particular year?

Thanks in advance!

Various fixes applied to the MHD belt problem and I honestly don't know if a successful one was ever found.

Comment

Start here, then pop MHD into the search for more details. https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.ph...=info&mod=1418

I was in awe last summer (july into august in Berlin, SOOO many smarts) ...they get it!

May I recommend you have a look at BCA (british car auctions are a heavy presence in europe) & compare stock going through (having set the country setting to your own) its easy tonosey around & buy when allowed to walk around, not that we have in the uk since lockdown 1... (but hopefully input as to condition, grading etc will add to your knowledge, plus I think that with 2 vaccinations this area of the car market will open up to the public again instead of just regular buyers who have all had to go online.

It is how we bought both of ours as "sold as seen" with between 26 & 30,000 miles on the clocks, time patience a bit of luck, ideal for the hard up & downright miserly (us to a tee).

Hopefully you can find details & one will be near you IF you can afford to wait for a bit of change due to vaccination & government kickstarting economies again.

One of ours was a "nanny" runaround (we think) the other Brabus 450 was a modded (professionally) to the max & so did not get more than one other bid, ideal for us. there are deals to be had, if you keep your head & a screenshot of fee's on your phone.
      Over here there is one hell of a lot of stock sitting on local airfields accumulating.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X