No announcement yet.

ESP/ABS/SAM Unit Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The handcrake warning light can be something as simple as the switch sticking. You need to remove the centre console to get at it a simple job.

Mine gave this problem twice. On each occasion, I simply sprayed the switch with switch cleaner (Servisol) and worked the plunger a few times, to cure the problem - no need to remove the switch.

Comment

The clue here is the fact it appears to cut out approaching roundabouts, lights etc - and the frequency appears to be increasing..

I had / have similar symptoms but an extremely competent mechanic friend of mine is certain he has identified my problem...
      I just need to get round to fitting them on the roadie and test it.

The car had become undriveable so we stripped out the SAM/ECU and fitted it to his - but found the pins on the ECU were
      heavily oxidized, completely green in fact.

A needle file, contact cleaner and some patience and the SAM / ECU ran perfectly in the donor car for 2 days with NO issues.

Of course I'm screwed if it hasn't fixed my problem ( only leaves the wiring loom) but its a quick check for you and a cheap fix if it is.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X