Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key fobs not working??

Hi all
    My Roadster has been standing for a while. When I came to start it the fob wouldn't work, so unlocked it manually and put the battery on charge. When the battery was charged the fob still wouldn't work! Not even to open the boot. So I've put a new battery in the fob, still nothing. So tried the new battery in the other fob and still nothing!! So I'm hoping someone on here can enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong. Any help greatly accepted.
    Cheers.
    Rich.

If new batteries haven't worked, it's probably that the keys have desynced. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

If both fobs aren't working and the indicators don't flash 9 times when you try to unlock the car, there is probably no fault with the fobs. The fault is probably with the car. "Roadster standing for a while" = bad news. Check under the carpets. The fuse box (SAM unit) has probably suffered from water ingress and corrosion.

Comment

Check the key receiver next to the handbrake. I'm almost sure that's the problem. Easy and cheap fix.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X