The Project Begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Project Begins

I'm alive! I've had the project followed elsewhere so here's the latest update (Aaron i'm afraid she'll be mine for a long time to come lol) ..

20/1/2010

Hey Everyone!

A good few months from my last update, so lets explain whats been going on.

Firstly, I now have a new job which has needed alot of my attention since september. I was offered a excellent oppertunity which I couldn't turn down so i'm now a project manager for a web development company. Nice!

As per all good things in life on this exact same day I was offered the above oppertunity my long term girlfriend left me. So obviously a bit of recovering time needed to sort myself out and give the project some thought.

Now on to funds, I've been building up the funds to buy an 2007 Suzuki Haybusa Engine. 2007 Is last of the decent ones before they upped compression and engine capacity in 2008. These are awful to tune and tend to give bad tuning results, hence why 2007's are so sought after.

I'm very proud to say i'm picking up mine next week for an amount of money that'll make your arse fall off. With under 2000 miles on the clock its worth the extra few £££.

So where does that leave leave the project?

Only a few things to do *gulp*

* Complete Subframe
    * Complete Suspension
    * Fit Engine
    * Intergrate Loom with Smart Fortwo Loom
    * Design and Impliment Air Intake
    * Design and Manufacture Front Hubs
    * Purchase and Fit Pedal Box
    * Purchase and Fit Dash
    * Purchase and Fit Front Brakes
    * Purchase and Fit Wheels
    * Purchase and Fit New Radiator
    * Purchase and Fit New Fuel Tank
    * Engine First Start!..
    * Purchase and Fit Bucket Seats
    * Purchase 4x Piranah Nozzel's & Distribution Block (To Replace the current Shark Nozzel)
    * Fit Nitrous Kit
    * Pass MOT

Obviously this is presuming everythings okay but there's always the unknown. Seems costly but the first 4 listed items have already been purchased or completed in part.

So i'll post up more pics when the engine arrives, i've been told its an extremely clean example but i'll give it a clean up anyway.

Really want the project completed before some sort of warm weather arrives, would love it on the road by May. So i've set that as the target!

So thats it for the moment, just waiting for the phone call to say "Come pick the engine up".

31/01/2010 - Engine Arrived!

Went for a bit of a road trip today to pick up the 07 Hayabusa engine. Its in excellent condition with only 2360 miles on it

The pre 08's tend to have the best tuning results, the compression ratio and stroke is slightly different on the 08+'s.

Just the fuel pump is now needed for the engine and thats out the way, just the rest to do now .

09/03/2010

Due to the **** weather progression has been slow, i'm due to launch two websites next week, one of which is in some way related to the SmartBusa so watch this space

We have radically changed the design of the subframe, we were incorperating someone else's bad ideas and have taking a simpler approach. As an upside it does mean that it'll be a lot lighter :0)

So thats where we currently are, I did wants this finished project completed a long time ago, but It's vital its done correctly.

David

Comment

Great work David, looking forward to seeing this beast. Are you attending any meets, shows, etc once it's done?

Comment

if he isnt i think we may have to organise an impromptue one at his

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrina View Post
          Great work David, looking forward to seeing this beast. Are you attending any meets, shows, etc once it's done?
          Of Course :0) I have a leaflet for ace cafe infront of me with a few Smart Car Events listed and i'll be along to whatevers listed in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by David_MCS View Post
            Of Course :0) I have a leaflet for ace cafe infront of me with a few Smart Car Events listed and i'll be along to whatevers listed in the area.
            Coolio! I wanna hear that 14k rpm engine scream!

Comment

Hey dude did u finish this yet?

Comment

would this be stripped out racer or still have all the interior??? whats the bhp of that engine, and what would it be like againt a n/a mr2 powered smart???

Comment

Looks like a great project coming along! Look forward to seeing finished pictures! :hipc:

Comment

I can't believe it's been nearly two years since you started!! It better be good mate!! Any photos or build diary anywhere?
                    Last edited by Ferrina; 15-12-10, 09:33 PM.

Comment

the smartbusa website is awesome!!

the way they do the kit looks sweet......all the shifter and busa display is all integrated into cowl and centre console!!

wish i had the cash because $19000 plus the smart (so $24000) would give you an awesome car for around £15000

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

http://kernowsmart.webs.com/apps/pho...714ef9fcb4%2C0

TIM,S BIKE CONVERSION , ONE OF OUR CLUB MEMBERS .
                        KAWASAKI ZX10 ENGINE

CLICK ON LINK , THEN CLICK MY [ SIGN IN ] BUTTON .
                        THEN CLICK ON PHOTO GALLERY , ALONG THE TOP
                        THEN OPEN :- TIMS BIKE CONVERSION FOLDER .
                        DOUBLE - CLICK THE PHOTO,S TO MAKE BIGGER .

TONY [ OLDGIT ]
                        Last edited by oldgit; 16-12-10, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Looks well thought out! Have joined their forum.

Comment

can't access without joining

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Did this ever get finished?

Comment

I wish I had £1 for every dreamer who started a bike powered smart and gave up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X