Hello from Brighton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers bud.

Few things lined up.....bit like yourself have them in the garage for when I get time. Those being carbon eyebrows, led angel eyes.......thats it actually for now.

I do plan to have the stage 1 remap for faster gear change and a bit more hp but that can wait till its next service.

I would also like the bay grey panels so will be looking for a panel swap or buy and sell sometime but thats just for as when the opportunity comes up.

Comment

Stopped into Surrey Smart Centre (Croydon) on my commute into London to have a look in their shop. Obviously got chatting to guys in there and mentioned about a re-map. Well they had the lap top to hand and spared me 30 mins to pop it in there and then. Once done got a few pointers/advice on other bits and bobs and was told to floor it for the next 100 miles or so to give the memory a refill which I gladly did. It's on paper (sorry for those that know) supposed to lift the bhp from the low 60's up to the mid 80's car and engine dependent. Well what ever my figures are it's transformed the car. Must hyper mile must hyper mile must hyper mile must hyper mile !-)

Comment

Instead of running the mic wire up the windscreen pillar like that, why not run it up the door rubber? then you can slip it behind the lower dash trim panels and you will never see it.

Comment

awesome - good to see someone doing some mods on their car again

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Cheers chaps :-) I thought about the door rubber but first impressions where it would pick up too much background noise being so close to the glass but it's got to be worth a try for the sake of neatness hasn't it.

Comment

Don't forget to come to the Chalet cafe Cowfold, on A281, on Sunday 22nd for brekkie and then the Sussex Poker Run to Winchester. Fun fun fun.
              Rob

Comment

I have the mic cable running up the door seal on my roadster and I mounted the mic at the top of the A pillar - the sound quality is better in that (despite road & engine noise) than it is in the factory Bluetooth systems in either of our Skoda Yeti or the Ford S-max we had before it.

Comment

Thanks for the invite Rob, I've been reading about your breakfast meets with interest! Am not going to make this one unfortunately, the kids have got too much on for me to get out. Does anybody on here have anything to do with the shoreham mini day on the Adur Rec, as I went to that last year (whilst racing RC touring cars next to it). Would love to attend with the car if numbers are needed. Took the car out for a spin down the sea front today. It's calm as a cucumber up to about 2.5-3k revs then it's simply ballistic.

Comment

Hey guys. I've been reading everywhere that checking the oil as regular as possible (every week) is an essential aspect of smart ownership. I've taken this on board as I'm filling up once or twice every week and doing approx 3 - 500 miles per week. The car has only just been serviced (4 weeks ago) but I'm not seeing the oil level drop even the tiniest amount. This isn't a haha look at me etc, but does it consume oil as part if it's normal running or is it an age/running problem thing? The cars a 2002 coupe but has only done 20k.

Comment

If the engine is healthy - it won't use any oil. If/when the oil level does drop it may not suggest an engine issue, it could be rotten sump, worn turbo, leaking dipstick tube, blocked breather pipe etc.

Comment

Cheers mate. Well I've had the car about a month now, done about 2k miles in it, in all kinds of conditions and just adore it. I've gone from my volvo xc90 into this so really noticing how small it is. To be honest I'm on a daily basis having to take avoiding action as a speeding car or van finishes its overtaking manoeuvre whilst still in my lane but also being beside me. It's like we are flippantly dismissed for being small (I worry for my spine lol). Got my next cosmetic mods lined up but all involve removing the front panels......DRL's, door speakers and headlight tint, just need a quite free day to relax and do it all.

Comment

My door speaker pods arrived today, and I already had the 16.5 speakers sat here ready so got them bolted in but not connected them up yet. Plastic quality in areas isn't fabulous, mostly the small storage compartment but on the whole they are a very good snug fit.

Comment

I missed this thread your car looks great m8! Look forwards to seeing other mods in the future Welcome to the forums

Comment

Cheers mate. Yeh I've got a couple of updates now actually lol.

Carbon Fiber eye brows (not quite as striking as I had hoped).

Next up I picked up a second hand X-gauge which I started fitting today. I did during the build stick again carbon fiber effect onto the face plate. It didn't come with the large OBD connector so thats ordered. It fires up and shows the time and in car temp for now.

It was showing the time but the refresh rate of the LCD didn't like my iPhone so it doesn't show up.......but it is there and working.

I've fitted a Brabus carbon fiber speedo trim and am just waiting on the pod surrounds to arrive....pics to follow.

Lastly no pics but fitted a dedicated dash-cam in front of the rear view mirror as I feel quite vulnerable in the smart.

When I finally get time to take the front panels off I have the angel eye DRL's to fit inside the headlights, auto dimming kit for them, legal headlight tinting kit, and door speaker cables to run in..........loads to do.

Comment

You may also want to try out the Bosch Aero Wiper blades as well the part number you need is Bosch AR992S 21" as a pair. They are the retro fit so will fit the car without needing to change the arms. They just slot on and they are done. They are better at wiping the screen at speed as they press against the windscreen and generally clean better as well as look much better

I like the x-gauge but I would need to find one for sale at a sensible price. People seem to want silly money for them. How much was yours?

The headllight tint you have is that the flyeyes kit? I did that to mine and they look great. You dont lose much light either. But then I also fitted Phillips extra llong range bulbs.
                                Last edited by cougar7609; 17-07-14, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X