Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audiobull's smart

Ok so ive been looking
    Last edited by audiobull; 08-01-14, 11:44 AM.

Re: Audiobull's smart

good work

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

i am interested as to how you are going to get rid of the start/stop as the alternator is the starter.
      and how do you know its not the original engine?

Comment

Is that a crack between the two remarkably clean exhaust valves in the chamber on the left of the cylinder head?

Cheers!

Comment

Looking good I want go to rebuild my 450 engine soon, but I don't know what I'm doing haha, keep the pics coming

Comment

any windscreen fitter will be able to fit a windscreen. i was going to say claim under your insurance.

Comment

Buy the screen off smart yourself it'll be much cheaper than a window fitting company will bill an insurance firm.

Then approach a window fitting company explain what you have done and get them to quote purely for the removal and fitting labour.

Or do what they do.

Cut the mastic with windscreen tools such as http://www.tooled-up.com/product/sea...FabLtAod_CkAZA

Remove window

Clean off excess PU mastic.

Prime window and frame work with PU primer.

Then run bead of mastic around frame.

Press window in place.

Plenty of vids on you tube etc

Comment

Assuming he has insurance on the car in bits all over his garage

My suggestion was to leave as is until in the road and then pay the £50 excess once insured just prior to mot.

JJ

Comment

Just wait till you insure it and then claim, surely that's the best and easiest way to do it, when you have it on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by audiobull
                    whats a screen going to cost from smart?
                    Probably in the region of £400/500 +. Just replaced one myself with AUTOGLASS; £75 only as an excess from my insurance.

Comment

The rain sensing screen I was quoted £117 from smart for my roady.

RAC windscreen replacement tried to bill my insurance £994 for the job.

Why not ask for a price first before dismissing stuff.

Comment

Not easy to fit a screen yourself though ... 1 bit of bad adhesion and you have leaks or worse, lose a degree of structural integrity?!?

It's never going to be as cheap as claiming and I think 99% of companies don't up your premium for windscreen claims so what windscreen companies charge the insurance companies is already factored into your premium. (Almost like not taking up a free phone upgrade)

Add in going to collect the screen, then trying not to drop the screen on the bodywork or the floor then I know what route I would take (awaits witty retort from maddan - haha)

JJ

Comment

No witty retort.

Some one asked about not going the insurance route, I gave an alternative.

People diy things whereas others use garages to do the work, this isn't much different tbh.

Comment

I'm teasing.

And yes they do. But not normally if it costs more and has inherently more risks than a garage....it's normally done to keep costs down accepting the risks that go with it

JJ

Comment

You Teasing????????

Really?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X