This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maniacs = slow?

Clear cookies on what device? It happens on every device I have logged on with (work, home, iphone, playbook, kids nabi tab, inlaws laptop etc)

Its obviously my account that is causing the issue and not the site or my hardware (ooer right back at ya) and it was my account last time too.

As someone else said, its the "search" function that seems to be the main issue (i use only the "whats new" tab to browse the site)

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

but then it still tries to double post, still won't let me edit my posts, still takes over 15seconds to open a thread...................

Interpreting the Error Message:

If the error message states: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/blog/wp-config.php:34) in /path/blog/wp-login.php on line 42, then the problem is at line #34 of wp-config.php, not line #42 of wp-login.php. In this scenario, line #42 of wp-login.php is the victim. It is being affected by the excess whitespace at line #34 of wp-config.php.

If the error message states: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/wp-admin/admin-header.php:8) in /path/wp-admin/post.php on line 569, then the problem is at line #8 of admin-header.php, not line #569 of post.php. In this scenario, line #569 of post.php is the victim. It is being affected by the excess whitespace at line #8 of admin-header.php.

JJ

Comment

Do you get same issues logged out?

Comment

Tried to log off but it won't let me

I got the following on the 3 attempts just now....

Attempt 1

Attempt 2

Attempt 3

I'm stuck here .... Like the people in land of the giants

JJ

Comment

I had problems a while back with the site constantly locking up every time I posted.
            The team looked into it & found nothing wrong.
            The problem occurred only when I used "Internet Explorer" on any of the machines I have access to.
            I changed over to "Google Chrome" & the problem disappeared. Go figure?

But I see you're using lots of different devices, so I suppose you've used different browsers. If not try a different browser, it worked for me.

Comment

Safari on phone
              Chrome on my laptop
              Firefox on inlaws laptop

Can someone from admin log me off and see if that works?

Also what is contact point for admin in case I can't log back on?

JJ

Comment

If you had cleared your browser settings you would be logged out

If you leave a machine on with yourself still logged in, that won't be helping matters.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                Last edited by madDan; 09-05-13, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Clear your cookies on all devices and then start by only using one device initiallyto see if the problem is resolved. As maddan says clearing cookies will log you out.

Comment

Safari on phone
                    Chrome on my laptop
                    Firefox on inlaws laptop

Also what is contact point for admin in case I can't log back on?

JJ

Comment

Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post

JJ
                      pretty please?????

JJ

Comment

JJ easier said than done.
                        Ive had a look at documentation from the forum software and it looks like i cannot log you out without yourself present (i.e. in the pub buying me lunch ).

ill have a little play today and see what i can find

D
                        David Spalton (OMA)
                        SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

haha - i'm stuck in here

thanks...

JJ

Comment

JJ goto your account settings then change your password, log out and then clear the browser you are using history/cache/cookies etc, login with your new password any other places you are still logged in on should be terminated

OMA if you closed the site for say 5 minutes it should close all sessions and log everyone out except those with admin priv

Comment

JJ You still haven't said what happens when logged out?

Currently Active Users

There are currently 48 users online. 10 members and 38 guests
                              Most users ever online was 613, 22-12-09 at 12:22 AM.

madDan,
                              cougar7609,
                              craigsmart,
                              fat_rick,
                              leenukes,
                              OrangeDave,
                              tolsen,
                              vadav,
                              waflo

IE you are logged out now

Comment

changed password and still can't log out........

JJ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X