Maniacs = slow??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniacs = slow??

well i'm having issues again and although i have done the same thing that maddan suggested before and that seemingly worked, its all back to slow slow slow and other issues.

firstly, couldn't post in any thread apart form the general area as all the other showed locked icons against them

then that seemingly resolved itself

then it went v slow again and i get the headers warnings again and double postings and slow "whats new" and timeouts and unable to log out.

i also can't reply to PM's.....the function has seemingly gone as the box isn't there (was trying to message maddan)

i have cleared all history and changed passwords but still slow.

and again this is on all devices

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Re: Maniacs = slow??

Obviously you are a very bad man...................................... and tripped up the anti spam doo-hickies

Comment

Works fine for me! (Tethering via an EE tablet)

Comment

Oh well - i will keep trying this end.

Slowness may be my end but that wouldn't explain the lock out and the inability to pm and annoy maddan tech support

JJ

Comment

And still can't modify my posts (there isn't even the button to press)

The only reason I mention it again is that posting on the site has dropped to a handful a day and I was wondering if people were also suffering.

Thanks in advance as I don't want to be coming across as ungrateful because I manage a forum myself and I know it can be very time consuming.

JJ

Comment

Absolutely fine my end, different devices and different browser's.

As for lack of posts, I am on nightshift myself and see no difference between night or day in site responses, maybe people are not posting as they have nothing to say maybe?

Comment

how comes i can't modify my own posts then???

its like i am not me (in the profile sense)

JJ

Comment

And when I try and send someone a PM I get this.....

....which is no good as I am constantly getting people seeking forfour advice and I can't help them

JJ

Comment

Have a look at your screenshots.

You no longer appear to be a site supporter either!

If it is only effecting you why am I seeing you as a vanilla member (!) that's just so wrong.........

JJ try clearing all your devices fully, fully log out etc on all of them uncheck the remember me options and do not save the password in any browser, then only use one device with say either chrome or firefox. If you can log in change your password and log out.

Pick a device (maybe not an Apple for arguments sake - as I don't have one and am not having issues) just the one and only the one browser and login with the new password - do not save it - log out then on the same device same browser see if you can log in with the new password, see if anything has changed.

I was going to suggest people see your siggy for 44 advice but seeing as it has dissavanished!

I am off to walk the dog, and the site works fine for him also!

Comment

Ok - thanks!

Hadn't noticed I had lost my "supporter" status as well.....

Surely all this lack of available site functions (PM, edit posts, signatures etc) can't just be my end?

Can you take my dog out too

JJ

Comment

I can't log out at all - changed passwords, cleared history, closed all browsers running maniacs on every device I recall.

Logged back on on a totally new device with the new password and tried to log off but can't.

This can't be an issue with my devices surely?

In 2011 none of my posts would show on other user's screens but i could see them on mine and I got accused by some members of doctoring my screen shots to cause trouble........I wasn't

These issues are real and not a figment of my imagination.

Smartz, forfour.co.uk, cztoc etc etc etc all work perfectly on every device

JJ

Comment

I would email OMA and give him your latest login details and let him see what he gets on your account.

As off 23:25 you are showing as offline so you have logged out.

Comment

very odd.
                          Whatever the issue is I'd just blame David anyway

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

well i have cleared everything and even downloaded safari to browse on my laptop and i still get the same issues

JJ

Comment

I just can't get the staff.

no seriously, I can't get the staff, I don't know where they've all gone! lol
                              I'll have a look and see what I can see.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X