Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power to the Pi!

Hi all.

I've got a Raspberry Pi setup to work as a wireless airplay with my phone. What I want to do now is set it up in my fortwo 451 so I can airplay through the aux on the stereo. however, power might be an issue. I could just connect it up to the 12v socket but that's a little messy. I've heard the stereo has a power output on the back and was wondering if anyone has managed to power anything off it and what amps it can output? I think I'll need at least 500ma.

thanks for looking.

Re: Power to the Pi!

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/260

Comment

Just put a second ciggy lighter in behind the original and use that behind the dash.

Cost under £5

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

the output from the headunit if anything would be a turn on...as suggested by JJ ciggie lighter charger to usb.

either just use the one already supplied or run a breakout fuse/aux fuse from the fusebox given you're in that area of the car.

Comment

Hello...

I have just installed an Apple Airport Express via an inverter in my 451.

So now i'v got wireless music and it sounds even better than via Bluetooth...

Mastek

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X