No announcement yet.

Aftermarket speakers on oem head unit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket speakers on oem head unit?

Hi

I have in plan to buy 16.5cm Focal 165 A1 SG component speakers for my 451. Now I'm interesting how it will sound on oem Radio 9, will it be good enough?

I also don't know will this Focals fit perfectly because I don't know what is the maximal depth of the speakers that I could buy?

I saw that many of you put on Infinity speakers, can you tell me what makes of 6.5'' speakers fit perfectly in to 451?

Re: Aftermarket speakers on oem head unit?

Personally I think infinity and focal have similar characteristics in that they are bright at the higher end, in that mid to top end is very powerful and the bass is not very forceful.

I like focal's sound however I find the top end too bright, I would recommend them and also add some sound deadening to the doors this will dampen the sound and give a better bass response.

You can power from the head unit but I would always say it will sound better with an external amp.

Experience tells me the focal will be deeper than the infinity however you should try to get measurements beforehand

Comment

Re: Aftermarket speakers on oem head unit?

... thank you very much for your answer... you were very helpful...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X