TV touch screen ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV touch screen ?

So is it wise to get door speakers with built on tweeters or keep them separate ? I'm sorry guys I really know ****** all about sound systems and the watts etc ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Separate will be better most of the time depending on budget, I like my tweets near my mids so as I gave a 450 with mids under dash I located the tweets on the dash, however in previous installs when I had speakers in the doors I mounted the tweets lower down by doors and in the kick wells.

Long story short is buy separates then you can play with locations and setting on the crossovers.

Comment

Oh many thanks mate for your input most helpful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I disagree about needing an amp. The smart has a small cabin so it's easy to fill with sound and as the speakers are door mounted in a plastic fascia with a plastic exterior panel, there is no point going too loud as the whole car vibrates and you lose sound quality. The reason amps are used are because stereos never used to be that powerful and aftermarket (more powerful) speakers weren't very sensitive so needed driving. Speakers have come a long way and aftermarket stereos have very good solid state amps built in, easily enough to drive the size of speakers that you can actually fit in the doors.

Powerful speakers that would actually require an amp usually have more throw on the cones so are deeper and wider. You aren't fitting these in your doors.

Separate tweeters are a better idea as high frequencies are very focused so don't spread out that well. If they are in the doors firing towards your leg, you'll lose a lot of the high end.

I have always liked the undersea subs, no they won't tear your ears off or rip your face off but I prefer a full frequency sound. The bass should compliment the sound, not kill it.

Comment

Thanks for the input mate I just really don't know where to start and don't want to buy something that then find out later it's not really any good to me ! So I I went for a good double din headunit tweeters and door speakers and I was looking at the underseat subs too would I need a amp ? Sorry as I know nothing about amps,watts etc

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Almost all of the under seat subs have a built in amp.

Comment

I'm with Evil on this, only an amplified sub is really needed along with good quality speakers that a high quality head unit with an integrated amp will easily drive, anything else is probably overkill in a Smart.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                  Almost all of the under seat subs have a built in amp.

Originally posted by Kapt. Q View Post
                  I'm with Evil on this, only an amplified sub is really needed along with good quality speakers that a high quality head unit with an integrated amp will easily drive, anything else is probably overkill in a Smart.

Cheers!
                  Ok brilliant so I'm looking at getting a good nice pioneer/kenwood double din head unit separate door and tweeters and a underseat sub and I'm sorted one more thing what am I needing on the head unit to power this ie ports etc

Many thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Ok guys these are the things I'm looking at can anyone shed any light on these items good ? not good ? Be enough for the smart ? Please help people....

And this is if I did get a amp just to not make the headunit work hard for it all ??

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

careful with those speakers, they are nearly 1 inch bigger than the ones in the doors, you'd have to cut a lot of the door away to fit them and they will be deeper so might interfere with the window glass when it's down.

You still don't need an amp.

Ignore the ridiculous peak outputs stated on the stereo and speakers, they are nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                        careful with those speakers, they are nearly 1 inch bigger than the ones in the doors, you'd have to cut a lot of the door away to fit them and they will be deeper so might interfere with the window glass when it's down.

You still don't need an amp.

Ignore the ridiculous peak outputs stated on the stereo and speakers, they are nonsense.
                        Yeah iv just noticed that there bigger now iv measured them and won't be doing all that cutting etc just want more like a straight swap init and wow I didn't even no head units can power that much so a decent headunit will power the door speakers,tweeters and the sub brilliant then and thanks for putting up with my stupid arse questions lol newbies aye !! Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

How much for a set of speakers!!!!????

And those powered subs are ok but again - a lot for not too much gain!

Some suggestions that I would go for (this is me being cheap though)

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Components.....

http://caraudiosecurity.com/sxe-1750...80w-components

Sub (fits in the boot nicely)....

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=331083116727

Had one in my fortwo and it cost me £25 and was only ever needed to use about 20% of its capacity and only really takes up 1/4 of the boot.

And then whatever HU you fancy - keep an eye on halfords as they do very good offers. It just needs amp out RCA (which 98% do now)

JJ
                            Last edited by problemchild1976; 11-12-13, 12:24 AM.

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Oh ok thanks mate I did want to avoid taking any of the boot space thou ! So do you not rate the underseat subs ? Not like I'm gonna have it super loud ;-) ☺️

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I think the head unit is great

I personally would go with a better brand than kenwood for speakers, have a look at focal, JL audio, rainbow, hertz they all make shallow speakers if depth is a problem.

Then put your amp and sub money together and get a better underseat sub, u should really go to a shop and listen to some forget hallfords though

As I'm really into car audio I do forget that some people don't want to go to far or don't want to spend lots of money or have the time to spend going to far into it.

If u want to keep it all one brand then that's fine to just see if they have some speakers that are smaller so they fit I think 16.5inch is your size, then the rest will be fine

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X