No announcement yet.

Which Filter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N on a cold morning purrs like a kitten.

Leewee

Comment

Hi guys, how about a few pics of all these different air filters, As a relative newbie to owning a smart the more help I can get the better. Also does de-lipping really make that much of a difference, I thought the lip was there for a reason, like keeping water out of the engine and filter.

Comment

Originally posted by irishbearcub
        Hi guys, how about a few pics of all these different air filters, As a relative newbie to owning a smart the more help I can get the better. Also does de-lipping really make that much of a difference, I thought the lip was there for a reason, like keeping water out of the engine and filter.
        Delip + K&N made a small but noticeable & welcome difference. Then the Pipercross improved matters further. But relatively small improvements, don't expect to get F1 performance!

Comment

K&N for the last year, but PiperX today thanks to Evilution :shade: .

Sounds louder than the K&N and the gear change is slightly better.

Comment

Yo...PiperX gets my vote too Although The Smurph was waiving around a pretty dandy new air filter at the Janspeed meet. Trouble is it was twice the price. Spose you get what you pay for but will stick with PiperX while I'm poor :sad:
            Last edited by NinoNick; 29-04-05, 01:30 PM. Reason: dafter than.....

Comment

ive been impressed with this poll, really good response.

Comment

I'm standard at the mo but wouldn't mind a PiperX or ITG... which is cheaper?

Comment

there aint much difference in price.. not enough to worry abotu anyway

Comment

wow! jetex gets a vote.

Comment

Air filter

Hi,

standard filter by the moment but a new ITG filter arrived last tuesday maybe will install it tomorrow.

Hope it worth it :smile:

Vte :bat:

Comment

I am delighted with my pipercross, it's really made a difference. I nearly had a remap but I don't feel I need one now! (much cheaper too!!!!!)

Comment

a remap cannot compare to a filter! It is about thirty times more effective at improving performance

I am surprised so many piperXs, they are relatively new

Comment

Originally posted by ykciv1
                            I am delighted with my pipercross, it's really made a difference. I nearly had a remap but I don't feel I need one now! (much cheaper too!!!!!)
                            Thats like saying you bought a hat so you don't have to buy any shampoo.

Comment

Hello all... i wanna buy a filter and like many roadster n00bs i "dont know which to buy... so im gonna search then repost if i cant find the opinion i was hoping for!

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution
                                Thats like saying you bought a hat so you don't have to buy any shampoo.
                                HAHAH made me laugh

but very true

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X