Smart: main car or 2nd car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of both

We have the Brabus Roadster Coupe (and before that City Coupes) and a Skoda Octavia.

I do around 40k a year for work so use the Skoda (plus carry sewage samples round at tines) when at work.

Other half uses the Smart for work everyday and then at weekend its used by both of us (unless buying bulky stuff from B&Q).

When I am not doing large miles/carrying '****' - first one out the door gets the Roadster...

Comment

I do around 40k a year for work so use the Skoda (plus carry sewage samples round at tines) when at work.
      I dare not ask what your job is....:eek:

Comment

main car for myself..wife has her own

Comment

Only car - as i can get both cats in the back, what more can you ask for :smile:

Comment

The Fortwo is my main car , ie I drive this 90% of the time , but for things like big shopping trips carting stuff around or taxing the family ect , then we use the Meriva

Comment

My second car, main family car is Lexus RX300
              also have a Yamaha R6 to make my daily commute bearable :teeth:

Comment

smarties are our main cars, we have a fortwo and a roadie (saves taking the kids out - lol

Comment

The Roadster's my only car but I get the use of my dad's Daewoo if I have to do any load lugging, but hopefully he's buying a 4/2 this year.

Comment

We have two cars, I have the roady and the better half has the diesel :teeth:
                    Roady is the main car

Comment

smart car main or second car

main car Skoda Fabia 1.4TDI combi , but tend now to drive smartie 90% of time was bought to replace bike, which I have now sold . Truthfully can't wait to get out of the house to travel to work such is the smart smile factor. :teeth: :teeth:

Comment

Its not that bad...

Originally posted by NeilOs
                        I dare not ask what your job is....:eek:
                        I am an Optimisation Engineer for a water company.

When the WWTW (Waste Water Treatment Works aka Sewage works) are not performing correctly and potentially failing the standards required by the EA for discharge to river, then my team works out why.

Generally this is biological or chemical processes not working correctly. So you need to take samples of sewage for analysis to help.

Also WWTW tend to be spread out all over the place - and Yorkshire is a BIG county.

But not the sort of job you want to use a Brabus Roadster for (though some of the drives over the Nth York Moors would be FUN).

Comment

Smarts are only cars. I have a Mk3 and my wife drives our Mk7. wouldn't swap either for anything else! (Unless anyone has a low mileage Lancia Delta Integrale, in mint condition, with FSH, and a full tank of petrol.... :biggrin: )

Davey C

Comment

Mandy's smart is her main car, Dizzy is my toy! we have a Freelander too incase we need to tow the caravan or Mandy needs more seats, I also have the truck for my everyday stuff.....
                            Fudge!
                            fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                            www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

just the two smartie's

Comment

my sunday (and monday) car i now have to drive a cougar to work every day as other half doesn't feel happy abut me trundling up and down the m6 every day in my smartie (spoilsport).
                                Last edited by Billysmum; 07-05-05, 07:06 PM. Reason: grammatical error which wasn't checked b4 posting!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X