do police stop your smart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do police stop your smart?

Never been pulled in a smart... have in a golf... wheel spun on a roundabout and stalled, was told by the officer to get it serviced... had the idle control valve replaced later that day... no service, made it much better... i'm sorry, Taffdan, but i have to disagree with your insistence that pulling someone over for no reason is a standard form of enquiry... get burgled, and someone'll be there within 24 hours, if you are lucky, do 32 in a 30 at 3am, no-one around, straight road, no parked cars, and they are all over you... I know the law is the law, but police do seem to pick and choose the ones they want to uphold. not everyone who drives a fast car, drives their car fast...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesforfour View Post
      i'm sorry, Taffdan, but i have to disagree with your insistence that pulling someone over for no reason is a standard form of enquiry... get burgled, and someone'll be there within 24 hours, if you are lucky, do 32 in a 30 at 3am, no-one around, straight road, no parked cars, and they are all over you... I know the law is the law, but police do seem to pick and choose the ones they want to uphold.
      Bad experience with the Police? Its not us who chooses but the stupid suits in Government

Originally posted by jamesforfour View Post
      not everyone who drives a fast car, drives their car fast...
      LOL, why is your Smart fast then?

Comment

Originally posted by Landy View Post
        Sorry pete i disagree with you there, a copper getting lucky doesn't justify a pull for no good reason in my opinion. Regardless of what the law is i think it's bang out of order.
        Peter Sutcliffe (the Yorkshire Ripper) was pulled over cos he had illegal plates on his car.

I'm sorry Landy, but you just come across as Anti-Authority.
        I agree with the others.. you mouth off a copper, he whacks you with the whole shebang instead of just a friendly word in your ear... and I for one would be applauding him.

Good work all you police, be they catching 'real criminals' or traffic cops.

and as for the OP... I have never been stopped by the police.

Comment

Originally posted by binxyboo View Post
          Good work all you police, be they catching 'real criminals' or traffic cops..

yeah those traffic cops need to be caught :mwaha:

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPiper View Post
            yeah those traffic cops need to be caught :mwaha:
            I didn't mean it to sound like that

Comment

Originally posted by Taffdan View Post
              How do you think they get into custody in the first place for CID to investigate/interview? That "lucky bobby" has found them whilst out doing their job

Idiot
              You've really dropped in my estimation Taffy, resorting to name calling.

If what you're saying is true. All leads in any case are not determined using any kind of phorensic eveidence, not determined by going over the surveillance videos (of which this country has a lot more than any other), not determined by a process of elimination and good investigative police work, instead our hard earned taxes are being used to pay a bunch of chancers???

Tell me it's not true.

In keeping with my orginal point all of the methods mentioned above (with the exception of getting lucky) are what old bill should be concentrating on. Not pulling over a member of joe public for no good reason but because they needed to "pot the black" in order to win the game of snooker they're playing with one of their colleagues. And don't even try & deny it doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by binxyboo View Post
                Peter Sutcliffe (the Yorkshire Ripper) was pulled over cos he had illegal plates on his car.
                But right there, that's a legitimate reason to pull him over he had illegal plates. If he then turns out to have done other stuff, brilliant it's a lucky result, but they were justified to stop them in the first place.

It's the unjustified pulls that wind me up, and yes i'm anti-authority, although as i like to think of it, anti-pointless authority. I'm a law abiding citizen every bit as much as taffy, so I don't like it when i'm automatically considered a criminal.

Comment

I'm a law abiding citizen every bit as much as taffy, so I don't like it when i'm automatically considered a criminal.
                  but they know **** all about you until you are stopped and talked to

How else do you think they can find out what you're up to or not up to.

There was a TV programme on the other night showing this guy getting pulled for having no lights on (he simply forgot), and he was well pissed off for being stopped and eventually he sort of got the message that the copper:
                  if he simply tooted and shouted "Oi turn your lighs on" he wouldn't know whether the driver had simply forgotton or he had his mind on the 30 kilos of smack in the boot or that he was wasted on booze or even just close to the limit.?

Actually, its not just Anti-authority... you also come across as sounding very bitter
                  I agree

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPiper View Post
                    but they know **** all about you until you are stopped and talked to

How else do you think they can find out what you're up to or not up to.

There was a TV programme on the other night showing this guy getting pulled for having no lights on (he simply forgot), and he was well pissed off for being stopped and eventually he sort of got the message that the copper:
                    if he simply tooted and shouted "Oi turn your lighs on" he wouldn't know whether the driver had simply forgotton or he had his mind on the 30 kilos of smack in the boot or that he was wasted on booze or even just close to the limit.?

I agree

So would you mate when you've been burgled and the simpleton that turns up (3 hours late) goes "got a good idea of who it is but can't do nothing about it".

And going back to your point about the TV program, I'm not and have not if you look back through the posts having a go at being stopped for a legitimate resons (such as having illegal number plates, not having lights on when dark etc), I'm not going to re-iterate again because you've got eyes and can go and read it yourself.

Comment

I was having a lovely drive home last night with my roof off listening to the new Simple Red cd the sun was still out at 6.15pm and I was in a pretty good mood and totally chilled out regardless of being in a slow crawl traffic jam

I saw a police car in the next lane behind me in my mirror and didn't think anything of it until he was next to me and guess what.......

I looked at them (bloke driving,Bird in the passenger seat) and he was giving me the "wind your window down" hand signal even though I had them down This is what he said to me...."Next time your in a garage make sure you put some proper plates on that" I said "OK" and smiled at him. (I can only assume he felt better or big for saying that infront of his young female junior)

Funny thing was on the side of his car it said "WORKING TOGETHER TO MAKE ESSEX A SAFER PLACE"

I would just like to say to everyone that I HAVE changed my "slightly" modified plates and you will be pleased to know that you can sleep more soundly tonight knowing I have made Essex a SAFER place to live

Comment

Well done you. I know i'll sleep better tonight. Oh and I haven't been pulled in my smart......yet

Comment

You've really dropped in my estimation Taffy, resorting to name calling.

If what you're saying is true. All leads in any case are not determined using any kind of phorensic eveidence, not determined by going over the surveillance videos (of which this country has a lot more than any other), not determined by a process of elimination and good investigative police work, instead our hard earned taxes are being used to pay a bunch of chancers???

Tell me it's not true.
                          No not all leads are made by Bobbys aresting, but I would say that 90% of the work is done by arrest, this then opens up the case further. This information then allows US to locate where any possible CCTV is, take DNA and clothing samples from the offenders and their home addresses.

If you think we are a bunch of chancers come work for us.

Those who cant ***** and snipe, Those who can do.

And I stand by the fact I called you an idiot, you cant see past your nose and have no idea how things work so IDIOT

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Radley View Post
                            I was having a lovely drive home last night with my roof off listening to the new Simple Red cd
                            Are Simply Red still alive then?

Comment

Landy i`m sorry but all your posts regarding this just qualify how little you understand about the law & our police forces, and i cant see any point in anybody attempting to explain it to you, Taffdan has done his best, but he has dealt with (and so have i) so many people with this attitude that we waste our time. you will never accept any explanation, because you are always right!!!!

Comment

Bored now Kazman, I have my opinion, I have mine. end.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X