Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: do police stop your smart?

Originally posted by animal View Post
    I got stopped for not indicating and when I pointed out you do not have to indicate he said who told you that I replied the chief of Derby-shire police did he then tried to do me for something else saying that something else was wrong with my car because he could not do me for not indicating & guess what he did not indicate in the same place as I didn't. :censor:
    COMMA'S

Comment

Nope never, not once!

Comment

Not stopped in just over a year of Smart driving, but as they say a funny thing happen on the way to ..............
        A few weeks ago I was returning my aged Mother home after taking her shopping, where she lives you have to park around the corner in a parking area , then walk back to the house, on this day there was a Police van parked in one of the bays. As we walked with her shopping two Policemen where walking back towards their vehicle, as they drew level with us asked, if I was the driver of that Smart car. To which I replied yes they looked me up & down ( I am 6'3" tall and built like a brick built outhouse) and one said to the other you wouldn't think there's that much room in one of those!

Comment

hmm got pulled over recently in my fortwo for dangerous driving, but kept my mouth shut and kept it at zero points on the lience. You think Id be busted in my noisy rover coupe but nope (maybe thats because its off the road more than its actually on).

Been pulled over a few other times in my previous smart, its because it cocks up a wheel when going round corners at 30mph so looks dangerous.

Comment

Got done for window tints about a month ago.

Surpose to let 75% in, mine only let 15% in

Now removed and ready for a re test.

Cost me lots to get removed as the place is next to Smart Arse in Watford, so i had pop in and order a new exhaust !

While getting the tints removed the fella showed me something rather stupid.
            Surpose to let 75% light in, he put the tester on the winderscreen and only showed 73% in !

Strange - straight out the factory like it.

Comment

I've never been stopped by the police when driving a car. When I was a biker, however, things were slightly different.

On one occasion, when I lived in Belgium I almost ran into a [I]Rijkswacht[I] car when I discovered I was riding the wrong way down a dual carriageway. The cops in the car spoke in English, even though I had a Belgian plate. Funny that!

The other occasion, some :censor: at work taped a piece of card over my rear number plate with the message: [I]underneath these leathers I am wearing stockings and suspenders[I]. We all had a good laugh and went about our way!

Comment

Got pulled a few months ago, when razzing up a hill on the way home :p
                Got pulled over, asked it was my car, and they checked the tyres on the car, I wasn't speeding at all, but one of the officers just asked me a few questions about my car as he wanted to get one for his wife
                Kept it polite (as I am) they let me off and I shouldn't bomb up roads

Comment

Holy Thread Revival Batman

Comment

Yep indeedy

Comment

Not been pulled over yet.

Also have illegal plates, which to be honest i think i might just keep for shows.
                      I've only been driving 16months so need too keep my licence clean.

However, whilst following my Smart during the Seaside Scramble i did notice Mr Plod with speed gun take a 2nd look at my car as it drove past.

New zorst has made it rather noisy!!!

For the record i am ''pro police''

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Muck View Post
                        ..... For the record i am ''pro police''
                        Me too ..... as long as they leave me alone ..... !

Comment

Originally posted by Alsmart View Post
                          Me too ..... as long as they leave me alone ..... !
                          LOL, i agree there are some out there who are a bit ''power happy''

They're the ones who pi$$ me off !

Comment

Never been pulled in my smart. Quite a bit in my old 1.1 fiesta. One time annoyed me, driving extremely carefully as always, pulled up to roundabout, there was a police officer on a motorcycle in the 3rd lane to turn up the road I was exiting. Pulled away normally, exited at my turn-off, looked in my rear view and, oh look, the officer had cut across 2 lanes of traffic and was following me. I should point out, traffic was heavy, cutting lanes was not safe. Of course, I'm going, yup, he's gonna pull me and he did, was for routine inspection, though all he inspected was my license

Comment

i been pulled over once in my roadie they checked my details and i was on my way

stopping people can and does lead to further arrests/charges.
                              my lil bro got stopped for doing 35 in a 30, they breath tested him and he was twice over the limit, the policeman stood up in court and even stated there was nothing wrong with his driving other then speed.

respect goes out to all them that do the job, i tried to join but they laughed at me lol

Comment

Got stopped in Cambridge, late one Friday night after the person I was giving a lift home (In a LHD Fortwo) tripped over the step of the Indian and fell over, he then jumped in the passenger seat of the smart and off we went, the Sprinter loaded with about 8 coppah's pulled us just outside parkside police station, one coppah came to the car, Mark wound down the window and we just sat there giggling..... Coppah went red and walked off..... didn't say a word!

He obviously thought the driver was pi55ed! (which he wasn't)!
                                Fudge!
                                fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                                www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X