No announcement yet.

Views on Forfour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, dont know if they will know what that means waq!!

Comment

i took a gander last week when i went up to the smart centre. i actually like it! i like the style of the back end, and if you just stuck on a decent front bumper then itd look quite decent. dunno why but i like it.

Comment

well i have agree with andy m, i think the colt will be the better of the two, personally i dont like the for four four! not for me!

Comment

Had a look round one at Norwich yesterday and i wont be changing my coupe for one.Even her indoors agread with me today (makes a change).Looks too much like a normal car.Nice enough car though if thats what you want.

Mick

Comment

I had the use of one last weekend. Although it was LHD and therefore a bit awkward (having a mk6 city coupe I'm not used to it) it drove well and seemed well finished. The problem for me was that there was no smart flavour to the driving experience - ok the outside has been styled to look like a giant city coupe (especially the rear and sides) but from behind the wheel it could be any old euro box - in fact it reminded me of Mrs Smartypartfast's old fiat bravo.

The car needs to retain some of the quirky features that have endeared the previous models to us all. Competent but dull just doesn't cut it.

Comment

If it is what is needed to keep the Brand afloat by bringing out a car that will fill the need for a "regular" manual 4 seater,then i applaud DC,I shant be changing to one though,cos i dont need 4 seats,it could have been worse,See the Rover City!!!

Comment

Like the rest of you - I went in open minded - But I dont like it. I love my 2 seater and all it offers me and can't be seduced by the seating capacity - I have the other car for that - so will stick with the Mk7 I have.!

Comment

Test drove a 1.5 Passion with 'smart' style gearbox on Friday - it was only for about 8 miles though, so not long enough to put it through its paces - they wouldn't allow me anymore as the the dealers can only do 3,500km in them.

Car is well bolted together and drives well, gearbox is a vast improvement and would be my choice, but there are some niggles. Window switches - who decided to put them by the handbrake? Not a good idea I'm afraid. No rear parcel shelf. Car felt underpowered, even with about 110 bhp. I'm used to driving a turbo diesel and missed the torque and acceleration at 2,000 revs - I need to drive the diesel forfour to compare properly. When sat in the car the steering wheel obscured the dials when it was in a position I was comfortable with.

It's better than other cars in its class such as Peugeot 206 etc, but not for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X