Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6.30pm
    Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pm
    Sunday 11.00am - 4.00pm

Opening hours: After Sales
    Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
    Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm
    Sunday closed

Re: smart of Edinburgh

Smart Roadster first A service (Jan 2006)

Cost: £150 ( billed 1.2 hours plus parts)

Left a bottle of Smart windscreen concentrate (summer) and a small can of lube on the passenger seat. They also did the Handbrake recall while the car was in (one of the reasons I went to a dealer). Also did a clutch adjustment (I asked them to do this, but they apparently check this at service anyway) the car now feels smoother and doesn't judder slightly at low speed.

All in all happy with the service. Quite exspensive, but no problems.

Comment

Got some work done today by Smart of Edinburgh, and was very impressed by the friendly and professional service given. It's always good to go to a garage for the first time and find the staff are ready and waiting for you as if you are a regular customer!

Particular thanks to Danny who was very knowlegable and sorted a faux pas another Smart dealer at the other end of the M8 had left 'undone'!

Unprompted, he picked up on the handbrake cable recall which the other dealer had missed in the cars last 3 visits to Glasgow!

I know what dealer I'll go back to, even though it's a 300 mile round trip!

Oh, best of all, the bill was 50% less than the estimate!

Comment

Went to Edinburgh for my first (A) service with my fortwo, Dec 2006. Chose Edinburgh rather than the closer Glasgow based on reviews here and elsewhere. Quoted £160 but charged £150 so that's OK. Friendly enough but computer a bit slow ~ 1/2 hr to prepare bill. So far as I can tell the service was carried out OK. Will go back there for the next service.

Comment

From the 11th of June Smart of Edinburgh's new address and phone number will be:

Smart of Edinburgh
          12 Edinburgh Road,
          Newbridge,
          EH28 8QW
          0131-466-5580

Comment

Seriously UNimpressed right now with Smart of Edinburgh servicing department!!

My Mum's car was serviced and dropped back off yesterday, they did an A service pointed out the the brakes were needing replaced, needed new tyres and the horn didn't work.

Well DUH these were the faults we told them about when booking it in!!!

I went out in her today only to discover Oh listen a LOUD knocking that wasn't there before.

And guess what else, NO brake lights :censor: , and thank you to the VERY NICE police officer who blue lighted and pulled me over to let me know!!!!

So one seriously UN happy bunny here and god help them Monday morning when they open again!!

Comment

I had to go down to Edinburgh to get my TAN codes for the cruise and the flappy paddles. I asked to speak with Donald (smart Tech) and I explained what I wanted. both tan codes were done and the cruise was working but the flappy wheel was not, he said nothing was working so he said once you get the wheel fixed then the code should work. But as I fitted the wheel he thought that I had changed the wire under the sam unit, and it wasn't until I had asked to speak to him again just before I left that he didn't touch the wire. just a bit of mix up. As I phone him up the next day to tell him that I had swapped the wire and fitted the wheel again and it was all working perfectly, he then said that it was after I had left he realized the mix up about the wire. and apologized.
              The service and the way I was treated was very good and when I had to pay the bill I was surprised at how cheap it was (I was expecting a lot more) I must say they have put my faith back into a dealer and would use them again.
              they are far better than the one in Aberdeen.

Comment

Smart of Edinburgh as sooooooo not in my good books right now :censor:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X