Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6.30pm
    Saturday 10.00am - 5.00pm
    Sunday 11.00am - 5.00pm

Opening hours: After Sales
    Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
    Saturday 8.30am - 12.30pm
    Sunday Closed

Re: smart of Liverpool

Took my 4/2 over to them last September for an A service. Nice showroom friendly staff etc.
    Well just the other week I was looking for my locking wheelnut key, couldnt find it anywhere. So I found the key code and and phone Liverpool to ask them if they could order me a new one. Turns out they couldnt and I would have to go through Manchester dealer :frown: . Ok, phoned them, same reply they couldnt get one :frown: ??? I'm wondering is this key code right? It's on the predelivery inspection sheet and on a card in the smart wallet, so it must be right! Last try, I'll phone Smart of Derby where I bought the car. Spoke to someone in the parts department, they said they'll get back to me in a couple of minutes. I'm thinking now here we go again. True to their word my phone rang a couple of minutes later with the good news they could get the key for me. So there's one on order and it'll be shipped over to me when they get it :star:
    So why not Liverpool or Manchester?
    Personally I think Liverpool half hinched my original key mg: when it was serviced and I've not realised the keys missing when we've picked the car up.
    I'll not be dealing with Liverpool again.
    to Derby They answer the phone quickly, polite and nothings a problem, wish I'd phoned them 1st, just that Liverpool is the closest to me I rang them. :sad:

Comment

Well to be honest I took my roadster there and they messed up big time... I use my car alot as I drive all over the place with work and needed a car while mine was being serviced.

I spoke to them the day before and confirmed everything, went there and low and behold no car for me...

Had to sit there for 5 hours while they did the service and I was supposed to be working, had to appologies to the boss and make the time up :censor:

I was not happy!!! So I wont be using them again, have since been to smart manchester and they are a million times better!!

Comment

Couldnt really help me but they tried their very best yesterday with Neil (parts manager) doing his utmost to sort me out!! 10/10 for trying

Comment

I cannot state how bad I think these people are.. I never plan on going back to them again.

I was due a free service for ****-ups from a previous visit, and part of that free service resulted in my paying for new spark plugs (aren't these done on a B-Service), and the service guy informing me my oil had been "topped up" as it seemed a bit low. Two days later after I had a moan at customer services, I was told they had put 3.5 litres in it. Other than that, the free complimentary clean & vac they also mentioned on the invioce, wasn't done on my car - drove it away as dirty as I had drove it in.

Supposed B-service Free (but had problems since)
          Spark plugs £104

:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Comment

In reply to Manxman, I am a fellow resident of the Wonderful Isle of Man (Colby) Just to let him know that Whitestone Mercedes are now official Smart dealers on the Island. I,m currently deciding whether to buy one from them or get the ferry to Liverpool and have a go at Smart of Liverpool.Youre advice would be welcome
            Regards Tony (Ballakillowey):thanx:

Comment

Originally posted by blue452 View Post
              I was due a free service for ****-ups from a previous visit, and part of that free service resulted in my paying for new spark plugs (aren't these done on a B-Service), and the service guy informing me my oil had been "topped up" as it seemed a bit low.
              Supposed B-service Free (but had problems since)
              Spark plugs £104

:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:
              If you had a 'service' whether it be an A or a B, they would have CHANGED the oil, not 'topped it up'!?!:wag:

Spark plugs aren't £104 either!!
              and yes they are part of a proper B service.

Comment

Trouble - according to Smart Manchester, if you want your plugs changed on a B service it will cost you an extra £110 or so (I forget the exact figure because I was too busy trying not to laugh). The roadster B service stopped containing plugs as standard (in their book) quite a while ago, and I believe this is the case at all the main dealers.

As for the "topped up the oil" thing - well, yes, exactly my initial reaction. If you don't change the plugs and don't change the oil there isn't much of a B service *left* apart from checking stuff...
                Last edited by fat_rick; 24-05-09, 10:08 PM. Reason: forgot to add second paragraph as I'm a clot

Comment

Smart servicing: Maximum care, minimum costs
                  :redface:

Comment

I had my Smart Passion booked in last year with Smart Of Liverpool for a A service and the cars first MOT. Much to my surprise I received a call telling me my windscreen washer pump was faulty and the clutch needed adjustment. Neither was true, the washer bottle just needed topping up and the £75 they quoted for the clutch adjustment was not required. I requested they just performed the service & MOT as instructed, but the instant reply was: your windscreen washers do not work it will fail the MOT!
                    So, reluctantly I paid for a new washer pump and fitting so they could MOT the car. I made it clear I was not happy with the scam they were pulling and they had lost any future business. They were not the least bit interested.
                    I never got to see the original washer pump, and never had the clutch adjustment done. The car had only covered 4000 miles and in my opinion the clutch action was the same as when I collected the car from new.
                    The Smart has now covered 5000 miles, I took the car to Road & Race in Nottingham this week for a B service and 12 months on, guess what, the clutch is still fine! My advice is steer well clear of Smart Liverpool.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X