Opening hours: Sales
    Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6.00pm
    Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pm
    Sunday 11.00am - 4.00pm
    Opening hours: After Sales
    Monday 8.00am - 6.00pm
    Saturday 9.00m - 12.00noon
    Sunday closed
    Last edited by Vladaria; 22-11-05, 08:07 PM.

Re: smart of Cambridge

Not a service as such, but two under warranty repairs on my roadster (the leaky seals and loss of power).

The leaky seals fix I arranged directly with the service center / workshop. They were helpful on the phone, but never called me, and consistantly had the wrong telephone number, no matter how many times I gave them the right number. They didn't provide a spare car for me, either, which was a bit awkward as they had mine for a week. They only put interior beading on the gap between the mirror and door on the driver's side, which made it look a bit odd.

The loss of power happened a fortnight later, and this time I spoke to the salesman who sold my car. Fantastic bloke - he arranged for the car to come in the next day, a courtsey car was provided, and matching interior sealant beading was put on the passenger door so the car looks 'right' again. He made sure everything went right!

So the moral is: if you get someone to supervise the workshop, this place is absolutely fine. If you deal directly with the garage yourself, then it appears to be a different matter.

For reference, the garage told me that an A service on a roadster, including VAT, was £170.

Comment

If the salesman you are talking about is Mark Sturgess then he is very helpful. I had to go in and have new trims and seals put on my tailgate window as it was still leaking. Service department wanted to charge me but i think he might have said something....

Comment

It is indeed Mark Sturgess. IIRC, he drives a roadster - makes a heck of a difference to be talking to someone who knows the car properly, rather than just read the sales bumpf, I think

Comment

Mercedes Of Cambridge RUBBISH

Time for a rant / review of Merc Cambs.

Firstly hats of to the customer advisors at the service desk - very pro.

However.
          I have a Brabus Roadster, yes they leak we all know.

From January I have been to Mercedes Cambs 5 times for the same leak,
          2 other times for other issues. 6 out of these 7 visits they have had my car for 2-8 days. Only once it has been cleaned may I point out.

Firstly, when I get a courtesy car they try to charge me £10 for each day I have it, otherwise I have a £2500 Excess charge!!! This is under warranty too!

I few scuffs / scratches have appeared each time it has come back from them on my interior.

Now, the engineers! apart from marking my interior they must be blind or useless! related to this issue:

http://http://www.smartmaniacs.co.uk...ad.php?t=46902

I found out this morning, the MP3 player has not worked since my last carpet removal / drying process. This is because the lead wa sandwiched behind an allen key holding the lower interior together! I have had to remove the lot just to get it out, finding the lead is split. luckily insulation tape has cured it.

You get the idea. . . I have had a s**t time with them, they are not even courteous enough to say sorry for the amount of times I have been, or do anything as a good will gesture.

Instead of going back moaning they have markedmy interior, almost ruined my mp3 lead I vow to not step foot in that s**t hole again.
          I will travel how ever far it takes to go to another Mercedes garage, or just pay Cambridge Smart Cars to fix my car, so at least I get a A1 service everytime.

Comment

Re: Mercedes Of Cambridge

If still under warrenty go to Norwich, I had my seal replacement carried out there, courtesy car was free for the time the car was in, supposed to be £10 for the time I needed it. I have a couple of tiny leaks drivers door seal where it meets the window, trace of a tiny leak left roof rail, otherwise it's dry since last June.

Think it's Paul Allman that dealt with my car, he's better to talk to than Dougie.

:goodlk:
            Last edited by jace; 09-05-08, 05:52 AM. Reason: Changed paul's surname to correct one !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X