• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: duxford imperial war museum car show meet

Awesome thank you very much...looking forward to it

Comment

sorry to say peeps , just had a call from the iwm , they have run out of space , they said we can park in the public car park together if we go in together but there is no room left for a stand for us , really sorry about this , just means we have to meet up first and go in together ! thanks

Comment

Where you thinking of meeting up?

Comment

was gonna be the east side of duxford but that isnt gonna work now as you need to go in from the royston side of duxford now for the public car park , the lads and i are gonna go for breakfast first in moreno's at 8am in market hill royston leaving at 9am people are welcome to meet us there and for breakfast too ,and then will have to meet anyone else in gravel pit hill thriplow near charltons so we can all go into together !
          Last edited by putzie; 22-04-13, 07:08 PM.

Comment

what about 'wings and wheels' in August
            http://www.wingsandwheels.net/

Comment

Sorry can't make it, will be going on hols, need some sun :-)

Comment

putzie thank you for checking . i am stell going .so see you all there. and if some one drop out think of us.

Comment

as far as i am aware its still on, we just have to park some where else that all and i have changed the meeting points so we are the other side of duxford so we can turn left into the car park we now in at

Comment

gravel pit hill thriplow near charltons

I've just tried to Google this but it's not coming up. Where is it? And what time are we meeting there?

Dave

Comment

can you give me a post code of were you are all meeting up as we are coming up from kent on the saturday and staying in cambridge that night so can you let me know were you are meeting up thanks Mark

Comment

will do later when i get a spare minute

Comment

Sorry Putzie, but DJ-Power and I won't be making this event after all.

Comment

Sorry guys this seems to be becoming a bit of a fiasco.

Not sure whether we will get the reduced price if we are now parking public and there is no guarantee that we will all be able to park together either.

Putzie has invited us all to breakfast - can you image the Cafe's response if 64 people turn up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (32 cars x 2 people)

For us, not sure about having to drive past the venue in order to meet up with others. We might still go and if we do, will have a meeting point as originally suggested at the Red Lion. It would mean a smaller group and we probably wouldn't all be together in the PUBIC CAR PARK anyway. Not what I was expecting - have to say.

Other option is to miss this year and try to get something more organised for next year.

As an aside, keep watching this space for an event in Norfolk in September. Am looking into it as we speak and it could be a good event to attend and an opportunity for a weekend in Norfolk to boot

Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by putzie View Post
                              sorry to say peeps , just had a call from the iwm , they have run out of space , they said we can park in the public car park together if we go in together but there is no room left for a stand for us , really sorry about this , just means we have to meet up first and go in together ! thanks
                              Whaaat?! This isn't really acceptable. Fortunately, this isn't really too far for us but there are a few people traveling a considerable distance to come to this. If there is no guarantee of parking, it's not very fair...

@JamesMackB

Comment

well i have been told we are ok for public car parking but there is no space left for a club stands , have done all i can on this and now wish i had never even bothered tbh !,parking will be on the officers mess on the opposite side of the road (bridge over the road into the war museum), a few of us went there last rememberence day and parked there with loads of space at 11am on a free day , have been told the entrance is still £10 for the day as for meeting places i have friends over so we are going for breakfast at morenos in angel pavement royston at 8am and parking in market hill car park next door (post code sg89js and then leaving at 9am , if people dont want to travel to royston then we can meet you in hurdles way duxford behind the citroen garage at 9.30 (postcode cb224pa), this means we can then join the main road and then drive the couple of hundred meters and then do a left turn into the car park
                                Last edited by putzie; 26-04-13, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X