WirralSmart meet @ Birkenhead Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SATAN 59 View Post
    I'll try and get over sometime, can't do May, in Nottingham to watch NIN.
    No problem, hope to see you soon.

A friendly reminder that we are meeting at the café in Birkenhead Park this Saturday at 1pm. Hope you can make it!

Comment

• fortwo long
      fortwo long commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, will be there, my wife too if she's well enough ....

Enjoyed a great meet today, we all went for a drive. Ocracoke, slow catchin you up on motorway as brake warning lights on again so pulled over and turned off engine etc to reset. Came on again though! Then when I got home there was a warm sweet smell around back of car. back of car coated in oily substance and peeing oil out from under engine. Ran from rear of engine sort of right of center. Not an expert but not good!

Comment

• fortwo long
      fortwo long commented
      Editing a comment
      Checked out and appears to be a hole in the sump, Great!

• Ocracoke
      Ocracoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch, hope the car is OK. Odd that your brake warning light is coming on... I'll have to give it some thought.

• fortwo long
      fortwo long commented
      Editing a comment
      Very luck it got me home, no warning lights etc. Sun morning checked dip stick and EMPTY!! hole in it size of a pea, sump quite rusty too. Ordered a replacement sump (complete with drain plug this time). When fitted and filled with oil will run and monitor brake warning light situation. Am a bit worried, must admit.

welshsmarties.co.uk <<<<<<Ocracoke, as I mentioned to you Saturday..

Comment

Originally posted by fortwo long View Post
      welshsmarties.co.uk <<<<<<Ocracoke, as I mentioned to you Saturday..
      Thanks for that, extremely red website going on there.

They say they are based on South Wales, so that is probably why I've not heard/seen them.

As for your oil issue, sounds like a sharp stone punctured the sump (makes me paranoid about mine now). Where though I cannot be sure... The rusty looking sump is because the standard one is made from a type of steel (mild I think). Stones from the road remove the paint on it and expose the metal. I dread to think what mine looks like.
      Last edited by Ocracoke; 26-05-14, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• fortwo long
        fortwo long commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a worry................. I was really lucky to get home not knowing I was spilling oil !!

• Ocracoke
        Ocracoke commented
        Editing a comment
        We had a similar issue with my wife's 2004 City-Coupe. I had forgotten to close the oil filler cap on the car and we drove home to the sweet smell of oil as well. Needless to say, the cars engine bay was a mess. So I ended up changing the oil in the car and cleaning the engine. It still runs to this day.

Hello everyone!

This month's meeting for WirralSmarts, which was due to be on the 21st of June, is not on this month as the following Sunday (29th), I am doing the drive from Keele to Southport. We will resume normal service on the 26th of July but we will relocate somewhere else. Please keep your eyes out for the new location!
      Last edited by Ocracoke; 27-06-14, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone!

The next WirralSmart meet will be on the 26th of July. To try and accommodate everyone, rather than have it in the middle of the day, it will be from 6pm till 8pm (ish - depends on how talkative we are ).

Since the normal place we used will be closed from that time, we will try and meet at the Costa Coffee in the Croft Retail Park in Brombrough (CH62 3PN). Simple enough to find. Come off the M53 at J5, follow the A41 towards Birkenhead (mind the speed cameras), you'll go past a BP on the right and then turn right at the big junction, then a left and follow the road until you see Costa Coffee.

Hope to see you there

Comment

Damn, can't get there this weekend, I'll be on't other side o Pennines. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by SATAN 59 View Post
            Damn, can't get there this weekend, I'll be on't other side o Pennines. :-(
            Ah, that is a shame. Hope to see you soon though!

Comment

Sorry, can't make this one either..... good luck with it!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X