Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ##Gaydon Heritage Motor Centre August 16th##

Hello all!

Following on from a fab weekend at the North Norfolk Classic Car rally a few weeks back, we thought it might be a nice idea to have a nice informal get-together in summer, somewhere central-ish, with a few things to do and see, possibly with an option to have a picnic or a bite to eat in the place.

After kicking around a few options we came up with the Gaydon Heritage Motor Centre: www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk. There's nothing specific on the weekend we had in mind, other than BMWs on the Sunday but we won't let them bother us , so it shouldn't* be madly busy, but it looks like a really reasonably-priced day out for a general pow-wow, get-together, and/or wander round a heritage museum, depending on your preferences.

It's a very reasonable rate for the day - if we get at least 12 cars then we get in for the bonus rate of £8 per adult

So! If anyone's interesting in tootling on over to the Leamington area on Saturday 16th August for the day please feel free to put your name down here, go to the FB event or message me offline for more details (though at this stage there really aren't any!). Some people might make a bit of a weekend of it - dunno Just to be clear though, it's just a "rock up to an interesting museum with built in meet to have a chat and a cuppa and maybe a picnic but otherwise entertain /organise yourselves" kind-of-day/weekend, so there's not currently anything "organised" as such.

Would be great to get a load of people out in what will, of course, be a gloriously sunny and warm summer Saturday**!

Hope to see loads of you there!

* it may be packed!
    ** It will probably pour with rain, be freezing cold and be more like Autumn

Just bumping this up to the top - looks like there's going to be quite a turnout for this! We've got interest from nearly 50 people saying that they're going so far, and that's just the ones who have said, so if you were umming and aahing about whether to go, well, do! Everyone's welcome, the more the merrier! Picnics in the grounds are welcome, though BBQs aren't allowed, I'm afraid. On the day, quote GSC at the cash desk and you'll get in to the Motor Centre for the reduced rate as above.

Should be a really nice, relaxed day - hope to see loads of you there!

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Great stuff! See you there!

Comment

Offer on in today's Telegraph for 2 for 1 entry into various UK attractions.....Gaydon being one of them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/promotion...ions-list.html

Comment

I'm up for this one... Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumping again. This will be my 1st meet in about 2yrs so looking forward to it. Even if it's in my Forfour

Comment

Should be a great meet - bring your picnics and, let's face it, your brollies and windbreaks!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X