Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front End Removal?

I know its a long shot but......

has anyone on here taken the front end off on a Crossblade?

looking at it I am guessing its a bit more involved than on a 4two?!?!

come to think of it......How easy is it to do on a 4two? might give me an idea?

:thanx:

Oh yes.....OK Putz, I Know you have not done this!!!!!
    Thanks mate

Re: Front End Removal?

Can't comment on the blade, but the front of a fortwo is easy enough, you just need an extra bod to lift it off.

Comment

:thanx: Stacey!

Comment

Just had a nose through your pics. Obv, there's no foglights and on the fortwo, there's no seperate bumper. The screws are normally inside the door, but there isn't one :hmm:

I'm curious now

Comment

Originally posted by MrPoo View Post
          you just need an extra bod to lift it off.
          not really. i used to take it off and refit it all on my own.
          i thought the wind deflector on the front had to be removed, or swung out of the way?
          im sure there is a how to for the crossblade front removal

Comment

Well you must have long arms then because I find the two lips around the door need to be pulled out simultaneously.

Comment

well long enough. what i used to do is hold the pannel through the headlight holes, place it on the front and then clip the sides in one at a time. it worked for me.
              one thing i didnt do was remove the grill, i filled the 2 screws i the bin, which made it A LOT easier!

Comment

Its not much different to the fortwo, check the door shuts, under the front, behind the grill and under the service hatch seen in the last picture here
                http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?id=295

The crossblade front panels are a mixture of standard panels and fibreglass modified panels so they are quite heavy so i'd suggest help.

Comment

Originally posted by smartsparks View Post
                  I know its a long shot but......

has anyone on here taken the front end off on a Crossblade?
                  I have done it before, I have spent the last hour trying to find the pictures I took when I did it.

As someone has said there are no screws inside the door shut but this is the bit that catches you out so be careful. Instead of the screws there is a piece of plastic with a hole in it that is part of each wing at the bottom edge to the rear of the front wheels. This hole is located over a plastic lug/pin on the car itself that keeps in in place.

I found that to get it off I would have to pull the wing outwards slightly whilst lighting it upwards (approx 1 - 1 1/2 inches) from the bottom.

The whole front end can be done by one person quite easily as I have done it a few times now.

Comment

:thanx: everyone for your help on this.

Once I have finished modifying the e-bay bargain UK spec headlights I will attempt to remove the front end, probably with help even if only for moral support?!?!?

I will let you all know how I get on.......:goodlk:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X