• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crunchy first gear (manual cars)

getting a new gearbox. They're calling me when its in stock

Tony

Comment

Cool, though no shock that they are treating you like their No1 customer!! Glad it's going to be sorted and it wasn't just you going mad!

Kate

Comment

Quite a few people have had new gearboxes, Quality Control ain't what it used to be!

Comment

Originally posted by mutley
          the alarms faulty keeps me awake at night.
          tell me about it! and all i get is " what do you want? your car fixed or your sold cars pdi'd for Thursday?" Fair point...... sold cars it is then!

plus

The woman oposite loves my brab..... "wat u pak there 4..... yor car noisy u pak up da road"

she was some what supprised at my response.... I was supprised that she was supprised cause the last time she shouted at me i told her to feck off too!
          Fudge!
          fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
          www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Well (touches wood) my alarm hasnt caused me any problems...........yet.

Tony

Comment

Hello:
              I'm also having troubles with my forfour brabus 1st gear... sometimes very dificult to put in..(one week ago I start in 2ond gear because it was easy to put in) and sometimes not problem at all...
              Sorry for my "spanglish"

Comment

You have a PM!

If your car is brand new then maybe it needs to settle in a little bit, but if its got a few kms on it should be fine. Take it back and shout at the dealer.

BTW Does the aircon cope with the heat in Spain? Mine's a bit poo at times.

Tony

Comment

Well, finally I have a new gearbox! And it works as it should, it is a bit firm going into gear but otherwise its fine. Oh and I think when they had it apart they've reset the computer cos it did feel VERY zoomy this morning (that or I was comparing it to the forfour 1.3 courtesy car)

Comment

Lifting an old thread.

I have the same "first-gear-crunch" on my Brabus. It crunches once in maybe 50 times, i.e. it's not too bad but when it crunches it really CRUNCHES.

Is this a problem that will get worse? Is this something that I should try and get fixed?

My warranty runs out in about 1 month and I am therefore looking for things that can cause problems in the future.

Thanks,
                    Patrick

Comment

Get it looked at!! forfour BRABUS gearboxes arent up to the job, i know of one thats bust its 5th gear and no internal parts are available!!

I dont have my car any more, secretly quite glad cos i'd have worn it out by now!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X