Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New ForFour

Originally posted by jason_2012
    Is it like driving a go-kart or something??
    I think tha pretty much sums it up

Comment

Yeah i think running it in for the first 1000 miles or so is a good thing despite what a sales person might say, at the end of the day they'd love you to bring it back for repair I'm sure you can drive it quite normally, its just tradition to run a petrol in slowly. When i got mine i was told that you never have to change the oil in your car?? I think merc were trying to save some money on buying oil in but still charging full whack for a service because i proved that not changing the oil made my brabus sound rough and my dads passion was rough too, but after we did the oil change ourselves with some mobil one they both run sweet

:partyon:

Originally posted by jason_2012
      You have to run it in?? i was told by 2 sales people i did not need to run it in as engines where ready for proper driving and thats one of the reasons servicing is at 14,000 instead of usual 6-9000 for new cars, **** :censor: ****. i been testing the ESP to the limits, best invention ever,,lol

Comment

Originally posted by xBrabus
        Yeah i think running it in for the first 1000 miles or so is a good thing despite what a sales person might say, at the end of the day they'd love you to bring it back for repair I'm sure you can drive it quite normally, its just tradition to run a petrol in slowly. When i got mine i was told that you never have to change the oil in your car?? I think merc were trying to save some money on buying oil in but still charging full whack for a service because i proved that not changing the oil made my brabus sound rough and my dads passion was rough too, but after we did the oil change ourselves with some mobil one they both run sweet

:partyon:
        Odd! Cos merc changed the oil, and oil filter on mine at it's 1st service (9000 miles, just before I picked it up!)

Comment

yep and i have not looked back i have a big smile :smile: did you see the car in work kane?

p.s cant log into funkydevil

Comment

Your lucky then, when i took my friends pulse fortwo in for a service at merc, i had to have a right moan at them to change the oil after 3 mechanics opinions and sales adviser it made me and my friend feel like the engine would explode if the oil was changed! surely if the customer wished to have the oil changed at his/her expence they should do it? maybe it was just a very busy day.

Originally posted by HoagieKat
            Odd! Cos merc changed the oil, and oil filter on mine at it's 1st service (9000 miles, just before I picked it up!)

Comment

Originally posted by danielthesaint
              did you see the car in work kane?
              Saw it the first day and 30 seconds later had measured the windscreen wipers for my website

Comment

Whats all this about Mercedes saying you dont have to change the oil at the service

Then what exactly WILL they be doing for your hard earned? Everybody knows that an oil change is a vital part of a service!! This is like an extension of them saying roadster plugs don't need changing on the B Service (or C whatever it was)

Comment

cheeky so will i be made famous on your website kane?

Comment

but if u look in the service booklet that they stamp it says exactly what they have to check and change on each type of service, dont they do what it states in the booklet? do they really expect us to pay 200 quid for them to lift the bonnet and go, ummm, that looks ok. and where are all the colour coded bits in the bonnet, even ford make it easy to find dip stick, water, etc.

Comment

Yup, they lift the bonnet (or boot lid on the fortwo) and make a visual inspection, this includes a visual inspection of the brakes. Then based on how many miles you have done since your last service they will change the oil. But you will have had to do some serious miles to warrent an oil change by there standards else they'll laugh at you for suggesting something as mad as an oil change at a service!

Although in the service booklet and there technical guide of what to do at a service they should change the oil. But they choose not to.

Comment

mmmm I think you English are being had all engines should have oil changes at least every 10-20k Kms 8-15k miles. At least that what happens over here in the land of OZ.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X