No announcement yet.

forfour brabus - insurance quotes....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: forfour brabus - insurance quotes....

I recently got a quote from tesco for a Brabus & they gave me a price of £780.

This is based on me being 28 & having 3 years no claims.

That's a pretty good price considering most other insurance places wanted over £1000

Comment

Dunno if this is entirely relevant, but I would look at a Mitsu colt CZT. more of less the same car as the 4-4 Brabus. Cheaper to buy in the first place, cheaper to insure and almost as quick (150 bhp vs 177Bhp). It also has a 3 year warranty instead of smart's 2 year.

I've looked at a 4/4 brab and as much as I loved its looks, toys and driving it i couldn't justify going back to £1400 per year insurance.

The colt on the other hand was only £880 fully comp with mum and dad as named drivers. I've been driving my mum's for the last two weeks (she's in Spain) and very, very impressed with the performance vs economy.

Best I've had is 11.7mpg and worst is 44.2mpg:mwaha:

Its almost as fun as my roadster!

Lots of good advice on these boards so think carefully and get something you can have fun with but isn't going to cost a bollock and a kidney to insure.

Best of luck with what ever you choose.

Comment

The thing is though you can't really compare the Colt CZT to the ForFour Brabus, yeah technically they do share a large amount of parts but it seems Mitsubishi couldn't be bothered adjusting it too much, Brabus has near enough rebuilt the ForFour from the ground up to turn it into a serious machine.

if insurance for the brabus is gonna be way too much then yeah i suppose the CZT may be an ok alternative.

to me it's like comparing the Mini One to the Cooper S

Comment

Originally posted by tom8481
          The colt on the other hand was only £880 fully comp
          Bloody hell, i only pay about £360/yr for my forfour BRABUS with my partner as a named driver. I think im very Privilige'd

Comment

Have to point out I don't own a CZT merely looked into getting quotes after I test drove the brabus 4/4.

I'm quite impressed with it and I think the brabus has a better interior finish and engine note across the gears. But I just can't afford to shell out more for insurance, I pay close to £2000 per year for 3 vehicles (Van + Roadster + 4/2) all in my name and that's me at my limit.

My biggest gripe with the brabus is the cost. There are just so many alternatives in the hot hatch car segment that the brabus really struggles to stand out either looks wise or performance wise.

Might buy one in a couple of year's time though

Comment

Originally posted by tom8481
              Best I've had is 11.7mpg and worst is 44.2mpg:mwaha:
              Loving that tom!!

And i totally agree with you about the forfour. its too expensive. Loose some of the kit count, make it about 13k and smart would have had a belter on their hands

But 17k is very close to the price you pay for entry level focus ST which is bigger, faster and very much in the forefront of most hot hatch wannabes

Comment

seeing as forfour production is being finished smart may drop the prices of the brabus & make it a bit more affordable.

Also there's still talk of the Brabus SBR being released in small numbers so that may make the standard brabus price drop.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
                  I recently got a quote from tesco for a Brabus & they gave me a price of £780.

This is based on me being 28 & having 3 years no claims.

That's a pretty good price considering most other insurance places wanted over £1000
                  Heh...

Well I am paying £810 Comp with 250 Excess for my Brabus ForFour, (new).

I am 22 with 2 years NCB. I tried seeing what the difference would be for 3 year NCB and I found it was £785, so not really much difference.

Oh well, thanks Elephant.

Comment

Originally posted by axisofunity
                    Heh...

Well I am paying £810 Comp with 250 Excess for my Brabus ForFour, (new).

I am 22 with 2 years NCB. I tried seeing what the difference would be for 3 year NCB and I found it was £785, so not really much difference.

Oh well, thanks Elephant.
                    But Elephant dont give you a new car if yours is written off in year1 :wag: so make sure you get a gap policy that pays you back your invoice price. Trust me with 1st yr depreciation at over £10k you may well need it.

Google for "shortfall cover"

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
                      But Elephant dont give you a new car if yours is written off in year1 :wag: so make sure you get a gap policy that pays you back your invoice price. Trust me with 1st yr depreciation at over £10k you may well need it.

Google for "shortfall cover"
                      I actually checked with them, they do cover that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X