CD-Player doesnt read the disc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CD-Player doesnt read the disc

my radio 6 manual says that some copywritten cd's may not play, and some copied cd's might not play. we used to have ocassions when certain makes of disc would be fine and others wouldn't play on certain hi-fi's, I.C.E. etc

Cheers!

Jan

Comment

I've had those issues before... I remember a Fatboy Slim album years ago that would only play on one of the CD players in our household...
      It was some stupid Sony copy protection, whcih I have only seen a couple of times since...

Comment

Typical MB fault is that the CD players don't read CD-Rs particularly well - they're fine when they get going but try fast forward one and you're fighting a losing battle.

Replace it for something that isn't grade A shite.

Comment

hey,

thanks for all your advice :smile:

still having slight issues over it skipping some tracks/going a bit funny occasionally, but what can you do? (besides upgrade! dont really want to at the moment, as it isnt a huge issue for me just a little niggle)

Calliope

Comment

if you are using nero 7 to burn your discs there is a known issue at the moment that is causing mp3's burnt as an audio cd to skip & glitch randomly , nero are supposed to be fixing it asap.

Comment

Hi Nina,

I'm using Nero 6 at the moment and aslong as you burn the disk as 'audio' cd and not data disk then they should play ok.

Comment

Yeah, it's more than likely to be the software/method used to burn the disc... Could also try using a different brand of CD-R since that can affect it sometimes as well :-)

Comment

Sometimes on cheaper cdr you may have to drop the record speed ie 12x or 8x. Also use nero or other cdrw software ive found it usually tells you if the cd hasnt record properly.

Good Luck

Comment

I have the radio 5 in my smart, but I find this unit very poor. It heats up way too much and very quickly. Will only SOMETIMES read the CDrs that I've burnt. The laser in the unit is probably very cheap so it doesn't read CDrs that well...keep inserting it after it spits it out and eventually it'll take it. Honestly, you are better off fitting an aftermarket headunit.

Comment

I've had my forfour for less than a month and i've had the same sorta problems with the CD player. The CD's are brand new but it keeps chuckin' them out. Funny thing is the CD RW's work fine even though they still skip, but the CD R's are the ones that are having probs. How much would it cost to replace the laser in the CD player?

I've just spent 600 quid on two twin 15's and a monoblock IV pushing over 3500 watts - all connected to the factory head unit - with all the needed external amplification ofcourse...lol <--- all to be fitted on Wednesday.

Now, in light of this thread - would it be correct to assume i should start thinking about buying an aftermarket head unit? :S i don't want to spoil the look of my dash!!!

Comment

anyone?! Wednesday is almost here...

Comment

Try burning at a lower speed, I only ever burn at 16X even if the disc says 48x or more. That seems to cure the skipping problems and may also cure the "unable to read" problem.

Comment

I would start looking for an aftermarket head unit if your spending that kind of money.

The sound quality will be far better.

I'm facing the same dilemma i would like an aftermarket headunit but like the look of the standard unit.

At the moment i just cant decide.

Comment

Does anyone actually produce an aftermarket fascia adapter for the forfour?

Comment

Yes autoleads do and they are always on ebay

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X