No announcement yet.

What's the spanner symbol all about?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the spanner symbol all about?

People like her give us females a bad name.:redface:

Comment

im not moaning, gave me a good deal and decent part exchange. and she had a huge bowl of murray mints which i havnt had since my gran died over ten years ago. thought they had stopped making them, so had minty fresh breath and a big grin when i left the showroom, it was a totally good day,

Comment

Originally posted by jason_2012
        80 quid an hour, OMG, lol, thought Formula 1 took the P!ss a bit at 25. Love the Smarts but really dont think its fair on young drivers having to pay so much especially as they are prob going to be buying them out of warranty.
        Its like insurance, my partners 19, 4500 Merc wanted to charge for comp insurance, i know u can shop around for insurance and we got it for 1500, but its the same principal, we are paying Merc prices for Smart cars, and if you go to another garage i guess you would have to be careful because they have probably never even seen a Smart ForFour.
        That will certainly be the case where I live.

Comment

im not moaning, gave me a good deal and decent part exchange. and she had a huge bowl of murray mints which i havnt had since my gran died over ten years ago. thought they had stopped making them, so had minty fresh breath and a big grin when i left the showroom, it was a totally good day,
          Thats ok then!

Comment

Karen did you not get all the owners manuals with your car then as the symbols are explained quite well in all the books, well except the diagrams, left hand drive pictures, i get confused easily,

Comment

Originally posted by brulaw1
              first service ( A ) on a forfour is 14,000 miles
              second service ( B ) is at 28,000 miles.

PS
              you can get the service done at an independent smart place or any competent local garage , as long as they are VAT registered and they use parts " of equal or better than manufactures quality " they can stamp the service book and it does not invalidate the warranty...... I'm fairly sure thats the correct wording , but I'm sure that it is correct . ....... I hope this helps .
              Thanks for that. It's something to think about and doing it that way means I don't have to drive 150miles to Manchester for a service. :thanx:

Comment

Karen did you not get all the owners manuals with your car then as the symbols are explained quite well in all the books, well except the diagrams, left hand drive pictures, i get confused easily,
                Yes, got all the manuals and read them for about 2 days! The 1 spanner symbol section only says 'car care' and that's it. I only learned what it meant by coming onto this website.

Have I missed a section?

Comment

Mine is flashing a spanner saying i'm 12 day overdue for it's first service but the car has not done the required mileage or even 12 months since it was registered (30/06/05)

I checked with my local smart dealer & they agreed that it looks like the counter wasn't reset when it arrived on the forecourt & that it's first service will be end of june 06 (they cannot reset the indicator now or it will throw out the service intervals)

My car is currently for sale but if I still have it by the end of june i'll be taking it to smarts-r-us coz there's no way i'm paying mercs prices quoted £180)

Comment

I rang up smart dealer in London and they quoted 180 pounds for 1.3 hour work for A service. I found this unacceptable!

I end up making an appointment with Smarts-R-Us in Nottingham, which is should save me 50 pounds include petrol. Only problem is there is roadwork on M1 at the moment between Junction 6A-10 until Dec 2008 which will add extra travelling time. :-(

Comment

i'm a bit worried as my man in the garage says not to worry servicing mine till the spanner comes up........but it hasnt & i keep waiting to see it but its not comming up.

it's been 16months since it was last serviced now.

Comment

Originally posted by cherrybubblegum
                        i'm a bit worried as my man in the garage says not to worry servicing mine till the spanner comes up........but it hasnt & i keep waiting to see it but its not comming up.

it's been 16months since it was last serviced now.
                        answered here :eek:
                        http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32838

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X