No announcement yet.

How to connect aftermarket headunit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to connect aftermarket headunit?

Originally posted by Guinnessian
    Now, how stupid is that? You never thought you may shortcircuit / blow sumtin beyond repair by doing that . Were you told you may get lucky, or what? Why do you at all care to ask if you dont listen to advice given :eek: ?
    Not likely to happen - that's what the fuses are there for...blow a fuse - just replace.

Comment

Originally posted by trungn
      Not likely to happen - that's what the fuses are there for...blow a fuse - just replace.
      Well no, if you put 12v down a line they're not expecting you to put 12v down it can blow more than a fuse, as a friend of mine found out when he was wiring his HU into his Fiesta Mk2. It blew the HU up in a nice puff of blue smoke!!! He'd got the positive and negative wires round the wrong way.

Comment

Well I would never make an obvious switch like that...the black wire was never swapped as I am certain that no other colour than black go there

So have I reached a dead end? Am I the only person with this problem fitting and aftermarket headunit?

Comment

what i did with mine is where the kenwood loom splits (red and yellow) i cut ans joined the red and yellow wires from the head unit end and put a new conector on then joined that to the the yellow one that did it for my kenwood hope this helps

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X