No announcement yet.

Torque steer & Under steer reduction ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Torque steer & Under steer reduction ??

The handling of my smart improved considerably after i got larger wheels and tyres. The car now sticks like glue into corners at higher speeds!
    Obviously the driver of the car plays their part too..:goodlk:

Comment

No I actually have 2 sets of genuine Brabus alloys, one set is on my car purchased from a fellow brabus owner, the others were taken off my brabus a few month ago when I had an unfortunate altercation with a large kerb & damaged them but have since been repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
        No I actually have 2 sets of genuine Brabus alloys, one set is on my car purchased from a fellow brabus owner, the others were taken off my brabus a few month ago when I had an unfortunate altercation with a large kerb & damaged them but have since been repaired.
        Then i'll go away and hide back at SEATcupra.net

(PS I had my Ibiza rolling roaded yesterday, 154.6bhp! up from 100)

Comment

Originally posted by babybrabus
          .......Pretty much every fast FWD hatch understeers, so I don't know what you can do about that, except adapt your driving style maybe.
          Not in the same league performance wise, but my Daihatsu YRV 130 Turbo has 127 bhp and 129 lb/ft torque from a turbocharged 1.3 litre petrol engine in a car only 70 kg heavier that my roadie coupe, with no Traction Control.

Others in the owners club have tried wider wheels and tyres than the 15" standard alloys shod with 175/55 V rated Bridgestones. That can lead to better grip, but more 'tramlining' on white lines and on adverse cambers.

I practice the same technique as a workmate with a Saab 9000 Turbo, pullout out to pass, straighten up, then hit the loud pedal and hang on!

I know we all like to mod our cars, but don't you think that Brabus may have tested and found the correct size of wheel and tyre combination for the car?

If the front and rear wheels are different sizes, then it proves they've done some testing!

Comment

does that mean you dont have your forfour anymore tony?

Comment

Originally posted by superstevie
              I take it you've not visited this site for a while then ?

Yeah he decided to go downmarket

Comment

Originally posted by superstevie
                It sure does. I do still have Bumble but I now have a car with almost as much power and nearly 50mpg! (Seat Ibiza tdi 100 with a celtic tuning remap)

Comment

Still waiting to know if you have done my mod yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns
                    Still waiting to know if you have done my mod yet?
                    No not done it as of yet, as I say i'm gonna have to wait a short while & then get a set of 4 of those dunlop tyres , the 2 spare rear wheels I have the tread is border line on the legal limit so I'm not gonna put those on my car in that state.

Comment

No not done it as of yet, as I say i'm gonna have to wait a short while & then get a set of 4 of those dunlop tyres , the 2 spare rear wheels I have the tread is border line on the legal limit so I'm not gonna put those on my car in that state.
                      you will kick yourself for not trying it.......... dunlops are a good tyre but i did actually go for Falken's @ £64 per tyre!

Comment

It might be worth, instead of trying to hide it by putting more rubber on the front (which will have an adverse effect in the wet), getting decent rubber full stop? If you can get Eagle F1 tyres all round, they're fairly good wet tyres as are Yokohama AVS Sports if they go on...

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns
                          you will kick yourself for not trying it.......... dunlops are a good tyre but i did actually go for Falken's @ £64 per tyre!
                          Which model falkens & where from at that price if you don't mind me asking ?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL
                            It might be worth, instead of trying to hide it by putting more rubber on the front (which will have an adverse effect in the wet), getting decent rubber full stop? If you can get Eagle F1 tyres all round, they're fairly good wet tyres as are Yokohama AVS Sports if they go on...
                            225/35/17 is the best size all round for balance........ if you increase the profile then it becomes boat like again.

Comment

I take it you've not visited this site for a while then ?

Yeah he decided to go downmarket
                              Lol nope not noticed anything. to be fair, im oblivious to most things might not be naturally blonde but sometimes i think i should have been!! hahaha

Ibiza eh tony?? nice wee car, like them a lot! and at least you still have a smart though :p

Comment

Zorro I'm still struggling to find these Dunlops or Falkens online.

Any ideas or you got any links to where you got yours from ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X