Fast Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast Launch

Different size wheels will indeed make a big difference, they effectively change all the gear ratios. But if two Forfour Brabus's (Brabi?) have the same standard wheels then they will always be doing the same speed if they're in the same gear and at the same Revs.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with the performance of the engine. If for example you could make the Brabus engine produce 400bhp (by some awesome tuning), the car would still do 87mph@6.5K in 3rd gear! The difference would be that you would go through the Revs quicker. Your top speed would increase because you can take the Revs higher in 6th gear than it could before, though ultimately your top speed would be limited by the gear box. Afterall it doesn't matter how much power you have, you can't change up into 7th gear!

[EDIT]
    If you're only able to get upto 87mph in third (and others can do 100mph) then either your speedo calibration is incorrect or you have smaller wheels than they have. Your wheels will still be spinning around at the same speed (speed set from gearbox), but the wheel circumference will be smaller so one revolution of the wheel will travel less distance and thus you will be going slower.

This is why smaller wheels give a higher acceleration, and lower top speed in each gear. Larger wheels can give a higher max speed if you have enough power to get the revs high enough in top gear.
    Last edited by bus_ter; 15-02-07, 01:39 PM. Reason: Added more Info

Comment

Originally posted by bus_ter View Post
      If for example you could make the Brabus engine produce 400bhp (by some awesome tuning), the car would still do 87mph@6.5K in 3rd gear
      Spot on . but what is Kaiser Brabus should do more mph/rpm??? Its funny that 3 other owners have nearly 100mph speed...... but like i have said for myself its indicated clock speed.

Comment

Sorry off topic.. has anyone developed a remap for the Brabus yet? There's got to be some tuning potential in that turbo engine

Comment

Sorry off topic.. has anyone developed a remap for the Brabus yet? There's got to be some tuning potential in that turbo engine
          Read here http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=36085

&

Read here http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=38728

Comment

Yeah I had an oil change done not long ago.

The wheels are standard Brabus 17"s.

this does seem strange how some are saying they can do 100mph but mine definatley cannot as I've tried it several times.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer View Post
              but mine definatley cannot as I've tried it several times.
              I take that was in germany

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns View Post
                I take that was in germany
                No it was an old airfiled that's nearby.

I'm slightly concerened now that my Brabus is underperforming ?

Comment

No it was an old airfiled that's nearby.

I'm slightly concerened now that my Brabus is underperforming ?
                  I'm sure your brabus is fine. maybe its time you did the wheel setup mod i told you about???

Comment

I would but I need a small dent fixing in one of my spare rear alloys, most of the online places i've e-mailed are saying they won't fix it even though it's more of a dent than a buckle.

Any ideas ?

Comment

I would but I need a small dent fixing in one of my spare rear alloys, most of the online places i've e-mailed are saying they won't fix it even though it's more of a dent than a buckle.

Any ideas ?
                      email me danz677@hotmail.com with pic matey, will try help

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns View Post
                        email me danz677@hotmail.com with pic matey, will try help
                        cool thanks

done

Comment

Your top speed would increase because you can take the Revs higher in 6th gear
                          Ahhh! The Brabus Forfour with 6 gears (wouldn't that be nice)
                          We might have been able to get some decent MPG figures with a 6th gear, on the rare occasions us Brabi drivers drive sensibly.

Comment

:jacked:

back to the fast launch

Comment

Originally posted by chkoutmirdstr View Post
                              :jacked:

back to the fast launch
                              Nobody knows......

Or maybe they just don't wanna knacker the clutch up too quickly.

Comment

Any ideas ?
                                Done my own dent removal on two wheels front and rear same side following a rather scarey two tyre blow out....I :censor: my self and used all 3 lanes to gain control.... cats eyes dented my rims.
                                I used a 3 inch square nylon block and a :censor: big hammer.

And my brabus does 103 (gps)mph in 3rd & more than 140(gps)mph in 5th.

4 new HANKOOK ventura 104 sport tyres with rim protectors £245.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X