Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel consumption

hi everyone.

i have a forfour passion plate 55. just had a service done, last week. the other morning i start the car and it cuts out, i then try to start again and it wont turn over. eventually it does fire up. i don't know whether this issue i have is connected to that BUT i have noticed that my fuel consumption is pretty weak. usually one bar will get me to work and back, roughly 34 miles. one bar came on this morning from the start of my journey and then as i get to work it started to flash for more fuel?!?! is this related to my problem i had or just that the weather has changed?? tyres are inflated correctly, nothing in the boot.
    cheers

Re: fuel consumption

Did you have plugs changed?
    If so i'd make sure they were changed for the correct ones.
    Also have a look at the air filter make sure everything is ok there.

Are you experiencing and loss if power or hesitation on acceleration?

Comment

Could very well be your throttle valve actuator (common to cause hesitation and lack of throttle response and stalling plus engine management light)

Doesn't normally stop the car from starting.

Could be that your air filter isn't fitted correctly or you have disconnected a sensor somewhere.

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Want a common boring car buy a Golf want something different that is better equipped than a Golf buy a Forfour

Comment

you have said its a 55 plate forfour but you havent said what engine it has. is it petrol or diesel?

was it a 'B' service (oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs (if petrol), fuel filter (if diesel)), or was it an 'A' service (oil and oil filter) that was carried out?
          where was the service carried out?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X