Crank Case Breather Filter Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Case Breather Filter Mod

just to get some activity in this area of the forum....... feel free to slag off, praise or just throw monkey poop!!

place the filter (ebay sub £5 delivered)

bung the crank breather pipe inlet with 20mm hose blank (forge sub £10) and hose clip

then i upgraded the vacuum pipework for a few pence

and all together....

total time - 10mins

benefits - no more crank case oil into the air intake and it looks quite nice

issues - doubt it will pass an mot as all vapour should be recirculated and not vented.

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

If only I had that much room in the engine compartment! Plenty of room for a shiny catch can. Very clean too...

Cheers!

Comment

Above a hot exhaust manifold.
      Plastic cover atop cam box should be blue.
      Do the +ve battery terminal cover while you're at it.

What are the take-offs for (the bunged up ones) on the pipe twixt MAF and compressor? To wreck the flow?

Comment

Big one (black cover) is the dump pipe for the CZt The small one (silver cover) is where the breather pipe used to join. Monitoring the filter for oil - nothing yet. Spare engine cover was blue to match but not a great key on the plastic and flaked a little. Reworked with hammerite but colour is wrong. JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Nice job, i would give it a 50/50 of passing mot, you never know

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X