Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multifunction Steering wheel rear seats heated front seats sat nav cd multi changer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction Steering wheel rear seats heated front seats sat nav cd multi changer

I need some advice how easy is it to upgrade parts on smart 4 four.

I have a multi function steering wheel and sat nav plus cd changer that I would like to fit to a 4 four passion.
    I notice there is a linked display in the tacho instrument cluster is there anything else needed?
    Also I want to add heated front seats electric mirrors arm rest and three rear seats
    Rear electric windows presume this is straight forwarded ?
    How easy is this most cars this age have standard wiring looms so assuming there are no extra cables needed.
    Does the cambus need reprogramming?
    some help would be appreciated

its FORFOUR not 4 four!!!

as for your conundrums. you can fit the nav unit and CD changer if its a genuine smart nav u nit, you just have to replace/rewire the radio connector depending on what radio you have, it should be a straight forward fit if you have a radio 6, but dont hold me to it. if its an after market unit you will need to alter the wiring

rear leccy windows, not as straight forward... you need a FULL interior body wiring harness with the electric window connections, the door harnesses, the switches and the window regulators, all parts + labour isnt worth it.

the rear seats shouldn't be a problem IF you can find a used set with 3 seat belts as they were a rare fitment.

multifinction wheels will be hard to fit as no one has managed to do it as yet to my knowledge.

there should be some info over at forfour.co.uk for most of your questions
    Last edited by lalli_d1; 19-06-14, 06:35 PM.

Comment

lali - you sound like mrpoo!

don't bother with the smart nav unit (you may or may not have all the nav hardware behind the dash)

buy a non OEM double din nav screen (e.g. pioneer) and you get bluetooth and ipod connectivity etc.

don't bother with rear leccy windows. not worth it.

rear seats are available - have one in my garage but its not 3 seats.

multi function wheel is not retrofittable as far as we can tell.

see ya

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

cheers for the information Lalli_d1 and problemchild

I have the whole car to take parts off and no time limit so no rush. Labour is free mine.

I bought it cheap for parts (it has all this kit on it plus more) with not much MOT or Tax.
        My son now wants to use it but we will see if it passes its MOT other wise breakers.
        There was the usual fault with the electric steering but fixed that in minutes. Thanks to the forum
        Please can you suggest a decent workshop manual paper if possible
        thanks

Comment

You could fit the multifunction wheel to an aftermarket hu, would need modding though so not a simple job

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X