Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pot3
    Excellent guide to removal of dash.

Just a little add in. I found an extra screw mounted on the right hand side of the steering column which was the hardest part of the procedure to remove and replace otherwise a very easy job. I have a rhd pulse 2003.
    someone pointed this out to me recently as well i will add this to my original post.

the reason i forgot is that i lost that screww so i dont have it anymore! lol thats why i missed it out of the how to

Comment

it wont let me add this!!! i will try and get it sorted soon. thanks pot3

maybe i should buy some spare screws incase this happens again

Comment

Originally posted by weebl
        nick, do they sound markably better than std ones (without boxes?)
        Weebl they do! Like you cant believe. The std speakers are really nothing special. Paper cones and all. Now if you upgrade the head unit too, that will even make a bigger diff.
        I am running my system as follows: A pioneer MP3 player, powering a set of Peerless separates (as I have said before they have soft dome tweeters and I really like their sound, not sure if you can get those in the UK, but I believe that Polk have soft domed tweeter separates) and a powered isobaric enclosure in the trunk. So no separate amp. it is an easy solution. In any case, the fronts have clarity that the factory setup didnt even dream of having...
        Pics from the install in my older smart (which has since been transplanted to the new smart) are HERE

Comment

Anyone have the Part number of the bins for a LHD ?!?!?! I went to the Smart dealer, but they didnt find any of the bass box... Any help on this?

Thanks.

Greetings from Mexico

Comment

How the hell do you get the Torx screw out of the dash??!! The big un under the passenger air vent? T27 doesn't grip, and T30 is too big! The screw seems completely fused and can't budge it at all:sad:
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 23-05-05, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Lol...problem solved - puny girly arms unable to dislodge the little bleeder! For whatever reason, the thread had been plastered with a type of caulk or glue to hold it firm in place - hence the heaving and groaning trying to get it off...

ANyway... job done, speakers sound WAAAAY better! Am playlisting all my favourite tunes that used to sound terrible thru the old speakers right now!

Thanks for the guide - couldn't have done it without you! :teeth:

Comment

Glad to be of help! It does make a huge difference!

Comment

LHD bass bin part numbers -

RH - Q0001255v013000000
                  LH - Q0001151v012000000

Comment

Re: how to install bass boxes and speakers in the fron

where do get the base bins from

Comment

From smart, they are an original part.

Comment

Hi there I was wondering if I would have to go as far as removing the dash as stated here in order the change the cloth roll covering?
                        Thanks
                        Ed

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X